TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's hard for Marussia and Caterham to have anything to do with on-track action, considering how they've been treated since they entered the sport.

Calling the remaining runners an 'all-star' race is the elitism I detest about F1 and how it's managed to get itself into this utter mess in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I didn't miss them one bit either.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:27 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

kals wrote:
It's hard for Marussia and Caterham to have anything to do with on-track action, considering how they've been treated since they entered the sport.

Calling the remaining runners an 'all-star' race is the elitism I detest about F1 and how it's managed to get itself into this utter mess in the first place.

The feeling I got of the race is probably an effect of that. When they are treated as a side-show, of course the racing won't be affected when they do disappear. If they had been treated differently (more favourably), then the racing would for sure have been affected. Now it wasn't, and therefore I didn't feel that we were missing out on something. More that there were fewer things to worry about, and there were more joy to get from the actual racing (especially for me considering the fact that Ericsson's future is now secure ("secure")).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
dicksplaash wrote:
Was I the only one who didn't miss Marussia and Caterham one bit during the race?

John Booth, Jules Bianchi and Kamui Kobayashi yes.

Max Chilton no.

Marcus Erricsson somewhat.

The teams, personnel, the non-visible people who have mouths to feed at home, absolutely.

I think in time I will come to miss how ridiculously sideways Chilton used to get the Marussia on a regular basis. Clearly wasn't fast but was good to watch.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:57 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Did I miss them during the actual race? No not really, we don't actually see that much of them on track anyway, so much of a muchness. Did I miss seeing them at the very start on the grid? Absolutely. The grid just looked so small and not befitting of the so called pinnacle of motor sport. Reminded me of Moto GP a few years back when they had about 16 bikes. Just a joke.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14