TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1127 128 129 130 131261 Next

were you born before or after SPA 1991? (MSC F1 Debut)
Before 86%  86%  [ 190 ]
After 14%  14%  [ 30 ]
Total votes: 220
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:06 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld8-VW-0D2M&feature=player_embedded[/youtubeidiot]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Webber will stay with red Bull Racing for the 2013 Formula 1 season

Quote:
Mark Webber will stay with Red Bull Racing for the 2013 Formula 1 season, the team has announced, ending speculation that the Australian could be in line for a move to Ferrari.

Webber has been on year-by-year deals with Red Bull for several seasons, and had been linked with a switch to Ferrari to partner Fernando Alonso in 2013.

But the reigning champion team has now completed a contract extension with the British Grand Prix winner, who said staying put alongside Sebastian Vettel was the most logical option.

"I've been with Red Bull Racing since 2007 and have achieved nine grand prix wins during that time," said Webber.

"I'm high on confidence at the moment and firing on all cylinders. I know the team well and I'm very comfortable here; we have grown together over the years and it feels like absolutely the right thing to stay with Red Bull for another season.

"The team is constantly working hard to improve in all areas and we've shown that together we can win races.

"It's great to be able to make this announcement off the back of the win in Silverstone at the weekend and I'm looking forward to competing on the edge and pushing myself in every race again next season."

Team boss Christian Horner added: "Mark has driven very well in the first nine races of this season and his performance has been impressive. Much of his Formula 1 success has been during his time with Red Bull Racing and together we have achieved 10 poles, nine wins and 31 podiums.

"As there was a strong desire from both sides to continue the partnership, it was a logical decision to extend our relationship and it is with great pleasure that we confirm Mark will drive for us in 2013."

Webber joined Red Bull at the start of the 2007 season. The 35-year-old Australian has finished third in the championship for the past two seasons, and was a long-time points leader in 2010. Webber is currently Alonso's main rival for the 2012 title, closing to within 13 points of the Spaniard when he beat him at Silverstone.

The question now remains, who will go to Ferrari? or will Massa start putting in drives like he did at Silverstone to warrant another year?

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Mika Kimi wrote:
Hamilton ‘ready’ for Lotus amid McLaren crisis

I haven't even thought about Lotus being an option. 8O I only thought Mercedes and perhaps Red Bull were possibilities, but perhaps he's looking further than that.

Don't know how much of it is true but I'm getting the same feeling again as with Kimi when he was at McLaren. Constant frustration because of the results and many rumours about leaving the team, which perhaps will turn out to be true again?

Would be a real shame.

both Lotus drivers are under contract for 2013. But a swap of some sort could be possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:17 am 

Quote:
Red Bull confirms Mark Webber for 2013

Red Bull has confirmed Mark Webber will be staying with the team for 2013, ending speculation about his future.

Webber said in a statement: “I’ve been with Red Bull Racing since 2007 and have achieved nine grand prix wins during that time. I’m high on confidence at the moment and firing on all cylinders. I know the Team well and I’m very comfortable here; we have grown together over the years and it feels like absolutely the right thing to stay with Red Bull for another season.

“The Team is constantly working hard to improve in all areas and we’ve shown that together we can win races. It’s great to be able to make this announcement off the back of the win in Silverstone at the weekend and I’m looking forward to competing on the edge and pushing myself in every race again next season.”

Christian Horner added: “Mark has driven very well in the first nine races of this season and his performance has been impressive. Much of his Formula One success has been during his time with Red Bull Racing and together we have achieved 10 poles, nine wins and 31 podiums.

“As there was a strong desire from both sides to continue the partnership, it was a logical decision to extend our relationship and it is with great pleasure that we confirm Mark will drive for us in 2013.”

great news for Mark, I'm genuinely happy for him :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tobias wrote:

great news for Mark, I'm genuinely happy for him :thumbsup:

YES!!! Also hoping he can pass Alonso and win this years title.

Tobias wrote:

both Lotus drivers are under contract for 2013. But a swap of some sort could be possible.

Contract smontracts.....If Lotus can get Hamilton Grosjean is out unless Raikonen decides to quit again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:57 am 

I reckon Merceds might try to push Schumi out for Hamilton. Not sure if it would be much appreciated though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There are rumours that Lotus want to ditch Kimi for not doing what was expected from him. Lotus are testing d'Ambrosio so he is ready to take over his seat before the end of the season.

I know, biggest rubbish of the day, but if a slight part is true it would mean that Lotus isn't happy with Kimi.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:52 am 

Excellent, was hoping he would stay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
There are rumours that Lotus want to ditch Kimi for not doing what was expected from him. Lotus are testing d'Ambrosio so he is ready to take over his seat before the end of the season.

I know, biggest rubbish of the day, but if a slight part is true it would mean that Lotus isn't happy with Kimi.

What are they not happy about? Did they really expect him to win races? Or did they expect him to do more PR-work?
If that's the case, they knew what they would be getting so stop whining.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:12 pm 

there are some stories floating around about Bouiller being pissed off at Kimi's constant complaints about the steering. In Monaco they brought a whole new steering column to Raikkonen's wishes which had taken well over 3 weeks to create. Kimi pitted after 1 installation lap and said he didn't like it and wanted the old one back.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lol at the Lewis rumors. Anything that's picked up The DailyMail is utter rubbish.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Webber staying at RBR.

Lewis will stay at Mclaren
Ferrari will retain Massa.
Schumacher extends deal for extra year with an option for 2014 with Merc.

Another boring silly season at the top end.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Magnifico wrote:
Webber staying at RBR.

Surely Ferrari can do better than Massa.
If they don't care about points, put someone in the car the brings media attention.....I vote topless Danica Patrick....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:12 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

I guess the problem is say Massa continues his performance from the past couple of races onwards to the end of the season, racing competitively to a tenth or two off Alonso, who do you replace him with. Perez has shown glimpses of speed, but I still only real feel partly convinced that he's ready.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Massa passed his expiration date a while ago.

Maybe he can keep his Silverstone form up, maybe not. If Ferrari see a future star in Perez, show it and cultivate his talent. Benetton did it with Schumacher. McLaren with Hamilton. Renault with Alonso. Red Bull with Vettel.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

micha wrote:
Magnifico wrote:
Webber staying at RBR.

Surely Ferrari can do better than Massa.
If they don't care about points, put someone in the car the brings media attention.....I vote topless Danica Patrick....

Can they? Who? Bearing in mind that whoever gets it will get a one-year contract only with an option to extend. Ferrari have already said they don't want Perez for next season.

I would not be so confident of Lewis remaining at McLaren either. I think he would accept an 'inferior' car at Lotus or Mercedes for a season as opposed to remaining in team Jenson with that feckless idiot on strategy. Even Lewis knew that the call to cover Grosjean was a mistake.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:
I think he would accept an 'inferior' car at Lotus or Mercedes for a season as opposed to remaining in team Jenson with that feckless idiot on strategy. Even Lewis knew that the call to cover Grosjean was a mistake.

Indeed.

And McLaren should count themselves lucky that the Maldonado / Perez incident occurred otherwise Lewis would only have won a solitary point for 10th position.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That strategy by McLaren for Lewis was really dumb, how many laps did he do on his second set of tyres? can't be more than 10. If you go late with your first stop you need to go late with the second stop as well, then put on some softs at the end to get the advantage of fresh tyres when the rest are nursing their tyres to finish.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lewis completed 7 laps on the soft tyres.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guess it didn't help that the McLaren was a complete dog on Sunday. The Lotus was way faster so why try to race them?

As I said before, McLaren needs to sort themselves out.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1127 128 129 130 131261 Next