TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
actually Perez wanted to recreate the Bellof/Ickx incident at eau rouge

then someone would get seriously hurt and therefore providing more arguments in favour of halo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

When someone tries to intimidate you into being his bitch by turning into you when you're completely on their side, like Perez did at Baku between turns 1 and 2, and like he did yesterday at Les Combes (both just before their incidents), you do NOT give them the benefit of extra caution/room you would with another more respectful driver.

Perez had a bad exit from La Source, knowing Ocon would get a better exit. He had 3-4 seconds to realise Ocon was creeping up alongside. They were closing in on the section where the wall turns into the track.

There was absolutely NO reason for Perez to not keep a car width along him. Instead, he wanted to scare/bully Ocon into backing off, deliberately. That is not the behaviour of an experienced driver. He has been an ass to several drivers this year (antics at Monaco, in the way of backmarkers at Austria), while Ocon is showing nothing but competence and respect towards everybody else except towards, well the one driver who's been nothing but an asshole to him at each confrontation.

Respect is owned on the racetrack. If it takes torn racecars to make a point, then be it. When people complain about drivers being PR robots, this is the kind of thing they're talking about.

edit: I'm not saying any of this should be acceptable by the rule-makers, or disregarded as internal affairs like the FIA seemed to do. I would be okay with a warning or points or even penalties for both drivers because ultimately, some innocent could've been impaled by a front wing. I'm just stating my 100% support of Ocon's approach, because early career is no time to shut up and be the bitch of some declining, ego-centrical, futureless dick.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coldtyre wrote:
When someone tries to intimidate you into being his bitch by turning into you when you're completely on their side, like Perez did at Baku between turns 1 and 2, and like he did yesterday at Les Combes (both just before their incidents), you do NOT give them the benefit of extra caution/room you would with another more respectful driver.

Perez had a bad exit from La Source, knowing Ocon would get a better exit. He had 3-4 seconds to realise Ocon was creeping up alongside. They were closing in on the section where the wall turns into the track.

There was absolutely NO reason for Perez to not keep a car width along him. Instead, he wanted to scare/bully Ocon into backing off, deliberately. That is not the behaviour of an experienced driver. He has been an ass to several drivers this year (antics at Monaco, in the way of backmarkers at Austria), while Ocon is showing nothing but competence and respect towards everybody else except towards, well the one driver who's been nothing but an asshole to him at each confrontation.

Respect is owned on the racetrack. If it takes torn racecars to make a point, then be it. When people complain about drivers being PR robots, this is the kind of thing they're talking about.

edit: I'm not saying any of this should be acceptable by the rule-makers, or disregarded as internal affairs like the FIA seemed to do. I would be okay with a warning or points or even penalties for both drivers because ultimately, some innocent could've been impaled by a front wing. I'm just stating my 100% support of Ocon's approach, because early career is no time to shut up and be the bitch of some declining, ego-centrical, futureless dick.

I agree with your edit. You shouldn't yield in some cases and this may have been one of them and honestly if I were in Ocon's place and having the history Perez, I would have been very tempted to pass up to eau rouge.

Anyway, all their contact this year has just been stupid. FI must be very pissed. Hopefully Perez leaves f1 soon lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:46 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Ocon is pretty cool, not a whining bitch like Grosjean.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13