TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1118 119 120 121 122141 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:48 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

The Red Bull conveyor belt claims another one

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:
Kvyat is done. Hartley will finish the season and 2018 is still TBD.

http://en.f1i.com/news/283740-kvyat-dro ... ently.html

I understand dropping Kvyat but this also means they have an iffy (being generous here) engine and 2 rookies next season. Not sure how that benefits both STR and Honda.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:08 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

micha wrote:
RtN wrote:

I understand dropping Kvyat but this also means they have an iffy (being generous here) engine and 2 rookies next season. Not sure how that benefits both STR and Honda.

McLaren Honda proved that two experienced drivers do jack shit for developing an engine. In 3 years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Can someone just gag Massa for the rest of the season?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13261 ... d-di-resta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

micha wrote:
RtN wrote:

No guarantee that Hartley will be the second driver (Gasly is almost a cert). It has been suggested that he has already signed a contract with Ganassi that would require mucho dinero to break.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
if they make a race at Miami, Liberty Media will bring Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas to award the trophies

probably Honda will have a choice on the 2nd Toro Rosso seat in exchange of cheaper engines

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
Can someone just gag Massa for the rest of the season?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13261 ... d-di-resta

#byefelipe

I can't believe what a sad pathetic man Massa has become this year. Last year #byefelipe meant everyone would miss him, this year it means it is time for him to go.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:36 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Kvyat now out of Toro Rosso for good makes me wonder if Williams wants to go after him.

Let's face it, di Resta and Kubica, no matter how likeable and great personalities they are, but they are also a quite big of a risk to hire next to a teenager. Kvyat could bring Russian sponsors and his last race was very solid. He's still young, too, but not too young. Hard to say if he can help to develop a car, but he's competed against Ricciardo, Verstappen and Sainz in similar cars without being awful compared to them.

So depending on what Williams wants, there might be a good opportunity for Kvyat. Test driver role in Haas and McLaren might be also good picks, Magnussen has not been that great and Alonso might just leave in all of a sudden.

And of course, there's plenty of good opportunities to reach out for in WEC and IndyCar.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:53 pm 

I think Kvyat would do alright at Williams, less pressured environment.
Di Resta - didn't get the better overall of Hulkenberg and Sutil when team mates at Force India.
Kubica- would love to see him return but still big question marks over his arm injury.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Kvyat suits perfectly at Williams, the most mediocre driver in the most mediocre team

he just need to be careful and not torpedo nobody while fighting for position

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Kvyat now out of Toro Rosso for good makes me wonder if Williams wants to go after him.

Let's face it, di Resta and Kubica, no matter how likeable and great personalities they are, but they are also a quite big of a risk to hire next to a teenager. Kvyat could bring Russian sponsors and his last race was very solid. He's still young, too, but not too young. Hard to say if he can help to develop a car, but he's competed against Ricciardo, Verstappen and Sainz in similar cars without being awful compared to them.

So depending on what Williams wants, there might be a good opportunity for Kvyat. Test driver role in Haas and McLaren might be also good picks, Magnussen has not been that great and Alonso might just leave in all of a sudden.

And of course, there's plenty of good opportunities to reach out for in WEC and IndyCar.

Too young for Martini.

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:41 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Well, the way I see it that working in a cut-throat do-or-die team like Red Bull makes driver easily to over drive and over do things. That's mentally very exhausting and if the reward is to be demoted after one louzy race, which basically was just an excuse to get Verstappen in, then the payback is very negative for the driver's motivation and mental abilities. Do you honestly think that Kvyat was mentally on the edge of perfection after he was send down to STR? He probably over-compensated by giving even more aggression, being even more cut-throat and do-or-die mentality. And that doesn't do you any favors, as we have witnessed.

Now, if he'd get a shot at Williams (I bet Haas regrets confirming their line-up so early) he'd be working in a very conservative team that has history of hot-heads, crashing hot-heads, pay drivers, has beens and crashing has beens. And Massa. He pretty much stole the teams only chances to win races again in 2014 and 2015 by not following the team orders. So for Kvyat and for Williams this might be a good match.

Here's a Finn defending a Russian. Didn't know I had that in me. So that should give me some liability at least, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

To be honest, Kubica has been out of F1 and single-seaters too long. Seven years is a long time in F1 terms.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Williams has to listen to the money above everything else, and has been ever since BMW left. There are no fag companies dumping $30 million a year in anymore and no manufacturer support either.

The money says the driver can't be under 25 (unless Mercedes agree to pay the entire Martini shortfall to get Wehrlein in there). The money is also why Rosberg has been going around Poland for the last month, and has reportedly put together a deal with Lotos for $8 million, with other sponsors queuing up as well.

Kubica does have one problem with the money, because if he were to come back he would need to repay his insurance settlement + interest.

But if the sponsor value far exceeds this cost, and even if he were only 'as good' as di Resta, then the money says Kubica gets the drive.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:07 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Kubica would not be a good choice, IMO.

He still has an injury, it's nice he has proved he can still drive a single seater, but do Formula E or something. F1 is too high profile for him tio try and fail.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I thought the contract with Martini ended at the end of this year. So if that is the case, the age thing is not an obstacle next year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Omega wrote:
I thought the contract with Martini ended at the end of this year. So if that is the case, the age thing is not an obstacle next year.

If that's the case, no-one told Paddy.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13256 ... f1-journey

Quote:
He also said Mercedes-backed Pascal Wehrlein "absolutely" remains in contention, despite title sponsor Martini's preference for an older driver.

"Somebody like Pascal, I don't need to put him in a car, because he's in a car every week," Lowe added.

"What's most important for the team is to pick a driver line-up that gives us the best performance and the most exciting racing potential for 2018.

"There are some issues around advertising and Martini, but if it came to it I'm sure Martini will understand the importance, if that's what we were to choose, to have the best line-up for racing rather than for advertising.

"We'll cross that bridge if we need to. Age is not a factor in our primary objective, which is to pick the best line-up."

Lowe said Massa's hope that the team will make its decision before his home grand prix in Brazil on November 12 "makes sense", but Williams has not committed to making its mind up by then.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:01 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If people are saying Kvyat is good enough for Williams then so is Palmer. They are on the same level in my opinion. In fact, given all the resources and knowledge at his disposal i'd say that Kvyat has arguably been WORSE than Palmer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Liberty are apparently pushing for the front row to consist of 3 cars, Teams are against it due to the increased possibility of turn 1 contact.

I also don't see how thats something that would even be possible on some of the narrower tracks & don't really see how doing if if there is a possible increased chance of T1 contact really benefits the race as a whole.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

StefMeister wrote:
Liberty are apparently pushing for the front row to consist of 3 cars, Teams are against it due to the increased possibility of turn 1 contact.

I also don't see how thats something that would even be possible on some of the narrower tracks & don't really see how doing if if there is a possible increased chance of T1 contact really benefits the race as a whole.

If serious, that is about as stupid as Bernie's Gold Medal idea....

Oh, I haven't watched anything from the US round (the first time in 23 years!!!!) and don't particularly feel the need to download it, but from the photos and the description of the pre race stuff with Bolt and the driver introductions, it kind of looked cheesy and embarrassing. Was this actually the case??

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1118 119 120 121 122141 Next