Pic 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Karthikeyan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
de la Rosa 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Kobayashi 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Rosberg 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Button 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 69
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:23 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

The astroturf won by unanimous decision :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:57 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

Since Monaco there's not really been anything wrong with Massa's pace, it's just that he's now started getting better results. I suspect he might also be in whatever the opposite of a downward spiral is, where everything's starts going right. I kind of hope it all comes to a head in Sao Paulo.

With four races to go, I'd like Massa to see if he can outscore Alonso after the summer break.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

psiv, care to explain voting Hamilton?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:27 pm 

I give it to Hamilton as well. He finished the race still in the points despite driving with a broken rear suspension. He kept the car on the track and he put up a fight against every opponent, which overtook him. By doing so he was protagonist of almost all entertaining moments in this boring race. Furthermore considering that this latest technical problem was probably the final blow for his championship hopes and that the relationship with his team seems to be very troubled at the moment, he finished the race with professionalism and great spirit. That he caught the astroturf at the end while trying to keep the tricky handling car up to speed I consider a minor mistake.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:36 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

a7b7u wrote:
I give it to Hamilton as well. He finished the race still in the points despite driving with a broken rear suspension. He kept the car on the track and he put up a fight against every opponent, which overtook him. By doing so he was protagonist of almost all entertaining moments in this boring race. Furthermore considering that this latest technical problem was probably the final blow for his championship hopes and that the relationship with his team seems to be very troubled at the moment, he finished the race with professionalism and great spirit. That he caught the astroturf at the end while trying to keep the tricky handling car up to speed I consider a minor mistake.

He drove really well - a simple look at the results show he finished 10th from third on the grid, but considering that from lap 18 he was having to turn the car in a straight line and facing new handling problems each corner, he drove very well. To hold off drivers in non-crippled cars was also quite a feat, and he ended the race catching the Toro Rossi (probably would be the correct plural, if my limited knowledge of Italian is anything to go by) until the astro turf incident - which can probably be explained by the car's erratic handling. Today was actually a really mature drive from Lewis against all kinds of adverse situations ... I'm going to vote in a minute but Hamilton might well get mine.

The Hulk, Vergne and Massa are all contenders - although I'm now less surprised to see Massa having a good race, his pace has been pretty good for a while (Monaco he was able to match Alonso for the first time I think), but his season did get off to a really bad start, and then looked much worse than it was for a long time because where Alonso scraped into Q3 a few times with a strong lap at the required time - Massa hasn't had the confidence to get that together all season, and as a result his grid positions don't always reflect his pace relative to Fernando because by the time you chuck out the two Mercedes - who if they make it to Q3 tend to run around and do nothing) and maybe the surprise interlopers, Fernando has at least 5 grid positions on him and then Felipe starts mid-pack whereas Alonso usually makes a few gains off the start ... anyway, it's good to see that he now has his performance in order, and I hope he keeps it up - not least because he's only now justifying his seat in the car - but it should be less of a surprise when he scores a decent result now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fish88 wrote:
Massa indeed. But you have to wonder why he only is driving good when he is under pressure.

They finally found the path to set the car to suit his style racewise. Remembering that the car itself is developed for Alonso, in the summer trainings for example. Alonso has all the crew to back him off to make a better car for him while Massa is just testing some car parts.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vassago wrote:
Hulkenberg for his double combo on Hamilton and Grosjean.