TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 556 Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:04 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Scirocco wrote:
Can they still drive/race if it's raining?

Depends how much its raining, of course.

I´d love to see a wet race :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:25 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

RtN wrote:
Besides, it won't be raining anyway at the time of the race.

indeed, this is so.

6e66o wrote:
I´d love to see a wet race :)

rain would cause lighting problems (reflection) and thus the stoppage of the race. Either a dry race or no race.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:30 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Yeah. Bernie might force it to go ahead if there's a chance but if that happened, you'd end up with a mess on Adelaide 91 proportions. And personally I doubt they'd race on Monday. They're not going to run a race no one will watch. Plus it's a street circuit so they've probably got to open the roads pretty sharpish

So anyone who wants rain is a turkey voting for Christmas. It'll either go ahead and be a complete farce or it'll get called off completely

Last edited by James B on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:32 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Imo one can race under every condition. everyone should go as fast as he wants to. In dry conditions you have to brake for corners, in the rain you may have to break for puddles. It's the same for everyone and they claim to be the best drivers in the world. And if they say it's too dangerous, they should go slower.
It would be dangerous to try to go around Monaco with 200MPH too.
And yes, this post counts for Talladega Races with formula 1 cars in blizzards, too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:35 pm 

I take it you also think that the fans have their own choice of whether to go or not in the event that someone gets killed by flying debris because they forced the race to go ahead in torrential rain under lights? Or that the marshals, cameraman and track workers didn't have to work if they are hit?

That's just stupid. Really fucking selfish and stupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:45 pm 

Beezle wrote:
Imo one can race under every condition. everyone should go as fast as he wants to. In dry conditions you have to brake for corners, in the rain you may have to break for puddles. It's the same for everyone and they claim to be the best drivers in the world. And if they say it's too dangerous, they should go slower.
It would be dangerous to try to go around Monaco with 200MPH too.
And yes, this post counts for Talladega Races with formula 1 cars in blizzards, too.

so you would have let them race in Indy 2005 and just let the drivers do what they thought was best to preserve the faulty tyre?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:06 pm 

You have to go as fast as your skill and the conditions allow it. That's what racing is all about. Formula 1 will never race on Ice. Trophy Andros does and the races are great.
Sure, seeing F1 cars go around the iced corners with 5mph would be dull. But racing would be possible.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:11 pm 

Beezle wrote:
You have to go as fast as your skill and the conditions allow it. That's what racing is all about. Formula 1 will never race on Ice. Trophy Andros does and the races are great.
Sure, seeing F1 cars go around the iced corners with 5mph would be dull. But racing would be possible.

:flag:

In other news, they've made slight adjustments to the circuit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Beezle wrote:

And you do not accept that there are some conditions which can exist which would make piloting an F1 car at any speed completely impossible for anyone?

Go back and watch the rain delay of the MotoGP race at Qatar last year. Look at the light shining into and reflecting off the puddles. Look how bright it is even on a TV screen. And then come back and tell us that it is possible to race in conditions like that.

----------------------

Someone tell the Singapore organisers to stop fucking around with turn 10, there's nothing wrong with it.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

James B wrote:
Yeah. Bernie might force it to go ahead if there's a chance but if that happened, you'd end up with a mess on Adelaide 91 proportions. And personally I doubt they'd race on Monday. They're not going to run a race no one will watch. Plus it's a street circuit so they've probably got to open the roads pretty sharpish

It probably will take a couple weeks for them to fully open those roads up. I read somewhere that it takes approx. 3 weeks to get the roads in Monaco back to their regular state after the GP, and I assume its something similiar in Singapore which is quite an elaborate setup as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:25 pm 

Yeah but it doesn't take that long to open it up to the public. They do it in Monaco on the Friday of the GP weekend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:34 pm 

actually the Monaco roads are open to traffic on every day of the F1 weekend after 7pm.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Karan wrote:
James B wrote:

It probably will take a couple weeks for them to fully open those roads up. I read somewhere that it takes approx. 3 weeks to get the roads in Monaco back to their regular state after the GP, and I assume its something similiar in Singapore which is quite an elaborate setup as well.

Even here, which is a fairly rubbish looking circuit, takes about a month to remove barriers, some bridges, tyre walls, pit tents and stuff. And the fences stay there for the rest of the summer until they bother to remove them.

But the roads are open at night during the event IIRC.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, the Monaco roads are open as normal after the race. They just do the clearing up whilst the traffic is going around. It's quite cool because you really feel like you're driving the circuit with barriers still up in places and advertising boards.

I wouldn't mind seeing a wet race at Singapore but you know what the rain is like over there. It would stop the race whether it was day or night!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

One of the best races of the season in one of the worlds most beautiful cities coming up, I just can't wait.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

They just need to remove walls from the junctions to get traffic to normal and that doesn't take long. But most walls are there for a longer period. I remember when they had street race in Helsinki (1995-97), there were also walls few weeks before the event.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
Echti wrote:
One of the best races of the season in one of the worlds most beautiful cities coming up, I just can't wait.

Yep since its on the calendar its one of my favourite races :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mainly just because of seeing the cars under the lights 8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:50 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

phil1993 wrote:
Mainly just because of seeing the cars under the lights 8)

Indeed, seing that is one of the greatest spectacles in F1 :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:54 pm 

I think it would be a fantastic event even if it wasn't under lights. It's a proper old school street circuit with real concrete walls that you can actually hit, buildings right overhanging the circuit, and bumps and white lines on the road. In fact, I'll be a bit disappointed if they go as far as they say they're going to go with the changes because it'll become a bit more generic

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 556 Next