TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I had a crash comp deleated from Youtube, but i got an email warning me that the video was deleated due to the FOM.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

JB-F1 wrote:
No, what would be nice is if the FOM made old races available to everyone for little or no extra charge instead of locking them away in a warehouse never to be used again

:thumbsup: you are so right

shame that they are keeping great footage from us :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:32 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

jdh wrote:
Not just the FOM that's takes stuff offline, ITV took down one of my BTCC vids and threatened legal action against me if I uploaded any more vids. However, they were quite happy to leave online another BTCC vid that I'd put up a while before.

A BTCC video of mine got taken off youtube. It was filmed by me with a camcorder at the circuit, but ITV still requested it was taken off. I guess ITV have exclusive rights to footage broadcast from a BTCC event, and me putting my own footage on the internet was breach of this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

julio wrote:
jdh wrote:
Not just the FOM that's takes stuff offline, ITV took down one of my BTCC vids and threatened legal action against me if I uploaded any more vids. However, they were quite happy to leave online another BTCC vid that I'd put up a while before.

A BTCC video of mine got taken off youtube. It was filmed by me with a camcorder at the circuit, but ITV still requested it was taken off. I guess ITV have exclusive rights to footage broadcast from a BTCC event, and me putting my own footage on the internet was breach of this.

I think it's on the back of every ticket that anything filmed at the circuit is copyright to the organisers, and therefore ITV. It's a pretty foolish atitude from the organisations that keep footage off youtube, poor quality 10min max clips on youtube aren't going to stop people going to races, watching races on TV, and buying season reviews.

I think Dorna and the IRL both support fans putting footage on Youtube, and MotorsTV has its own Youtube channel with quite a lot of content on it...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:40 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

gd49 wrote:
I think Dorna and the IRL both support fans putting footage on Youtube, and MotorsTV has its own Youtube channel with quite a lot of content on it...

Nope, Dorna removes MotoGP Stuff. raysinberry had his account suspended because of them.

What's also strange, my video of the Hideki Noda flip got blocked by "lgl_tf1" (TF1 = Eurosport), yet they kept all my other Le Mans Videos Online.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:42 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Should be pretty obvious by now that they search for videos using keywords, and don't bother to search for all videos in the authors profile whenever they find a video they want to take down.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:09 pm 
Hence why videos of races are taken down the following day but leaving up all the other videos of previous races

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:12 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Alonsomania wrote:
FOM have no rights about F1 videos pre-1980 if I remember right

But some other might own the content, if it's from a dvd/vhs. e.g. Duke.

jdh wrote:
Not just the FOM that's takes stuff offline, ITV took down one of my BTCC vids and threatened legal action against me if I uploaded any more vids.

Really? :o Just one video? You surely don't just mean the Youtube email with the usual legal blah blah?

gd49 wrote:

In MotorsTV's case for example, even if they have their own channel there, it doesn't mean they wouldn't send DMCA notices about videos uploaded by users and using material from MotorsTV...

Mattzel89 wrote:
What's also strange, my video of the Hideki Noda flip got blocked by "lgl_tf1" (TF1 = Eurosport), yet they kept all my other Le Mans Videos Online.

TF1 is some French TV channel or company, related to TF1 Group. Lots of other videos removed too, not only Eurosport related:

http://youtomb.mit.edu/browse/down%3Aco ... %3Algl_tf1

Above link is some MIT project which tracks down removed videos.

noikeee wrote:
Should be pretty obvious by now that they search for videos using keywords, and don't bother to search for all videos in the authors profile whenever they find a video they want to take down.

Must be. Also sometimes it is automated process, I guess, hence the file ID matching system.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:36 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

deggis wrote:
jdh wrote:
Not just the FOM that's takes stuff offline, ITV took down one of my BTCC vids and threatened legal action against me if I uploaded any more vids.

Really? :o Just one video? You surely don't just mean the Youtube email with the usual legal blah blah?

I got the YouTube e-mail, but also a separate one from ITV itself which was where the legal action was mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm curious how exactly the account banning works. As far as I know Youtube calls it either suspension or termination. Termination is permanent deletion and could also mean IP ban (not only email address ban). Suspension apparently means two things, deletion or temporary deactivation... Mattzel said he got his account back after 3 months it was suspended.

Two of my previous accounts were banned, in both times fifth video removal was the death sentence. But that was before Youtube introduced this:

This system is great because it basically helps videos to stay... previously any video would have been always removed, now this gives option for the content claimer. You can see this screen from My videos -> Video ID matches, if you have matches.

I guess "block / everywhere" means basically removal. What I'm interested is that are these added to the "copyright strike count" at all and is there difference between "block" and "allow" policy regarding this count. Youtube help only says vaguely that repeated infringements can lead to account removal.

Account -> Manage Account --> Account status should show separate strike count given for spamming and other abuse but I think copyright strikes are not shown here.

Anyway account status says "good standing" for me, and I've had two audio infringements (solved by changing the audio track, muting or deleting the video), three "allow and place ads" matches and 2-3 video removals (before this matching system was introduced). Anyone with recent video removal(s), what does this say to you?

Last edited by deggis on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:03 am, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

jdh wrote:
I got the YouTube e-mail, but also a separate one from ITV itself which was where the legal action was mentioned.

8O

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:32 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Note: anything uploaded on ytube that is speed channel coverage is deleted by Youtube.
all my vids are BBC or some Euro broadcast but Speed ch. is always deleted.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/scarsurfing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:18 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

scarsurfing wrote:
Note: anything uploaded on ytube that is speed channel coverage is deleted by Youtube.

There is plenty of Speed Channel stuff on Youtube...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

scarsurfing wrote:

If the deleted vids were F1 vids, was the copyright claimer FOM or actually Speed?

None of my Speed (ALMS) vids have been deleted...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:49 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

well, this is interesting

Quote:
Your video "World Superbike at Vallelunga Race 2 - Troy Bayliss crashes on the final lap" is still available because infrontsports does not object to this content appearing on YouTube at this time. As long as infrontsports has a claim on your video, they will receive public statistics about your video, such as number of views. Viewers may also see advertising on your video's page.

Claim Details:
Copyright owner: infrontsports
Content claimed: Some or all of the visual content
Policy: Allow this content to remain on YouTube.

* Put a infrontsports badge on this video's watch page.
* Place advertisements on this video's watch page

Applies to these locations:
Everywhere

infrontsports claimed this content as a part of the YouTube Content Identification program. YouTube allows partners to review YouTube videos for content to which they own the rights. Partners may use our automated video / audio matching system to identify their content, or they may manually review videos.

You have the following options:

Do Nothing

Your video will continue to play uninterrupted everywhere.

so, I click the video and then this comes up

Quote:
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by TF1.

get your facts right!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:38 pm 

Two more of my video's where taken offline. Both None F-1, my second 10K+ views movie of 9-11 and a tribute to dead soldiers with amazing grace. Damn man, it is like there are always hundreds of people all day on YouTube blocking our vids. ;) :yuk: I had like 15+ vids of several stuff, now just 12.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:45 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

That's quite interesting Mattzel, I didn't know they did that.

This bit made me lol:
Quote:
You have the following options:

Do Nothing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:38 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Got this in my inbox today

Quote:
Dear barre84,

Video Disabled

A copyright owner has claimed it owns some or all of the audio content in your video Beef Burns tribute @ FIA_GALA. The audio content identified in your video is Forever Young by Rod Stewart. We regret to inform you that your video has been blocked from playback[img]due%20to%20a%20music%20rights%20issue[/img].

if they're gonna be like that there won't be that much left on youtube in the near future

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Today, YouTube have deleted all of my 1990 F3000 races and 1997 Le Mans video clips since it was broadcasted by Eurosport.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cheeveer wrote:
Didn't someone here get a mail from IndyCar where they more or less thanked him for uploading IndyCar clips to Youtube?

I had an Indycar video online, and I got an e-mail basically just saying that they owned the footage but were all sweet with me having it on youtube..... but the FOM won't let fans be fans

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next