TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 197 98 99 100 101207 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

is Long Beach close enough?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:31 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

micha wrote:
Depends....does F1 have a big following in the gay community?

well... not quite

http://queers4gears.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A female only series gives attention to those in it but it doesn't really do anything to get rid of the problem that there are a lot of people out there who wrongly in my view believe that women can't compete with the guys.
I've always felt that the best thing for female drivers as a whole would be for 1 with talent to get an opportunity in a good car in something like GP3/GP2/WSBR & really show that women can compete with the guys & can do just as well as them.

I also think that giving the F1 opportunities to the likes of Carmen Jorda who has done nothing but look below mediocre in the categories she's raced in so far despite having race winning cars (As Dean Stoneman showed when he replaced her for the final GP3 races last year) gives the wrong message & is counter productive.

Last edited by StefMeister on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:40 pm 

StefMeister wrote:
A female only series gives attention to those in it but it doesn't really do anything to get rid of the problem that there are a lot of people out there who wrongly in my view believe that they can't compete with the guys.
I've always felt that the best thing for female drivers as a whole would be for 1 with talent to get an opportunity in a good car in something like GP3/GP2/WSBR & really show that women can compete with the guys & can do just as well as them.

I also think that giving the F1 opportunities to the likes of Carmen Jorda who has done nothing but look below mediocre in the categories she's raced in so far despite having race winning cars (As Dean Stoneman showed when he replaced her for the final GP3 races last year) gives the wrong message & is counter productive.

Yes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:01 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

I don't know what to think about Bernie's idea of women's own F1. Sure, there's women's football, ice hockey, shooting, skiing...hell, even curling. So in a way it would be good to get the ladies have their own series. But then again, we're talking about motorsports, the same sport that Michele Mouton nearly won the championship during the time of Group B awesomeness. Great times, but let's skip Danica's only Indycar win and go to present where F1 barely has 20 cars in the field. Is the sports really in the state to start alternate series? No. Where would the money come from? Cosmopolitan starting their own team? While the idea might be noble, giving best female racers a real target to achieve, but the timing is wrong and the financial status is a disaster. No manufacturer would want it, there's not big sponsors to finance the teams and there's not really that many female racers out there to get an appropriate field of skilled professionals involved. Sure if its a filler series, single spec cars and being OK with the fact of having 10 cars in the starting grid, then it's an OK start. But you can't call it F1, the pinacle of women's motorsports. Just keep things equal as they are, sooner or later a lady racer will make it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think it will be very difficult to find 20 women that are good enough to fill a grid. There is just not much interest from that gender.

Let's say that TBK has been given the task to contact possible candidates, who would we chose?

Di Silvestro, Wolff, Patrick, Legge, that South American girl that used to try Indycar but was taken out of every race for being too slow, and then I already have to think who else. And if we really can't find another candidate, then Jorda.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

By the way, if anyone wants a reminder about how unlikable and generally corrupt the current heads of the FIA are go and look at the recent blog entries by Gary Hartstein, who has been writing in his blog about that impromptu visit by Todt and Saillant to the hospital where he works...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Beitske Visser would certainly be a candidate as would Alice Powell.

Definately no way they could fill 20 cars with women.

That's not to say I support this idea for female-only series.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Omega wrote:
I think it will be very difficult to find 20 women that are good enough to fill a grid. There is just not much interest from that gender.

Let's say that TBK has been given the task to contact possible candidates, who would we chose?

Di Silvestro, Wolff, Patrick, Legge, that South American girl that used to try Indycar but was taken out of every race for being too slow, and then I already have to think who else. And if we really can't find another candidate, then Jorda.

Alongside Bleu's pair (Visser is probably the best shot at a woman in F1 for the next 10 years), you have Tatiana Calderon, Johanna Long, Pippa Mann, Gachnang if she's still racing, Ralph Firman's sister if she is as well...and I think that's it. Maybe Louise Richardson, but you're really at the point where you might as well pick random women off the street to get up to 20.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bleu wrote:
Beitske Visser would certainly be a candidate as would Alice Powell.

Definately no way they could fill 20 cars with women.

Rosberg might grab her chance to win a title :mrgreen:

It's hard to decide on this if its good or not. As mentioned, we already have women soccer, women, tennis, women hockey, women speedskating, women athletics etc etc etc so why not in racing?
Besides racing I can only think of mixed double tennis and Korfball.

But F1 can barely sustain itself and now you want to start a seperate series for women? From what money? Will they be using year old cars or up to date cars? Or will it be a spec series and F1 is just a name?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well there was Formula Women, that was a bust.

A few female drivers did appear in Ginetta Juniors. Powell, Richardson, Moore etc. Sarah Moore even won the championship but whatever happened to her?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
one ex wife of Emerson Fittipaldi once created a racing series only with women, they raced with Fiat Unos but it didn't lasted long due to lack of support and sponsorship

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Women have a major disadvantage to men when it comes to driving single seaters which has nothing to do with talent/ability, duck tape two bags of sugar to your chest and you'll understand.

Or in the words of my wife, 'I wouldn't be able to race this thing, my tits keep getting in the way every time I try to turn the wheel'.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:29 pm 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

Ian-S wrote:
Women have a major disadvantage to men when it comes to driving single seaters which has nothing to do with talent/ability, duck tape two bags of sugar to your chest and you'll understand.

Or in the words of my wife, 'I wouldn't be able to race this thing, my tits keep getting in the way every time I try to turn the wheel'.

Well what's the holdup with Danica and her mosquito tits then? Tony has bigger knockers than she does at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Haha!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

KingOfChins wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

Well what's the holdup with Danica and her mosquito tits then? Tony has bigger knockers than she does at this point.

And people wonder why he's 32nd in points.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:39 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ian-S wrote:

It's fine; a little extra baggage on the front of the torso never stopped JPM :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:59 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I thought that was a minimum requirement to be able to join NASCAR?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:37 am 

Omega wrote:
I thought that was a minimum requirement to be able to join NASCAR?

Along with some others :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:00 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

it is with that episode in mind that I said that :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 197 98 99 100 101207 Next