TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 194 95 96 97 98335 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

acopip wrote:
Random fact I didn't know: Drivers don't get any more penalties for speeding in the pits, but they have to pay 1000$ for each point they gain. So maybe if we see someone in the 10th place, he will drop back because he can't pay for the point. :p

They can afford it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:10 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

^^ It was a tongue in cheek joke, stop jumping on everybody's back every opportunity you get.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Woodski wrote:
acopip wrote:
Random fact I didn't know: Drivers don't get any more penalties for speeding in the pits, but they have to pay 1000$ for each point they gain. So maybe if we see someone in the 10th place, he will drop back because he can't pay for the point. :p

Their sponsors can afford it.

Fixed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:
Woodski wrote:
acopip wrote:

Their sponsors can afford it.

Fixed.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell......not all of them....otherwise we saw someone else next to Chilton ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ospi wrote:
^^ It was a tongue in cheek joke, stop jumping on everybody's back every opportunity you get.

Trust me, I don't.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Remember when Bernie said that 10 teams would be perfect? He has expanded on why;

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... rger-claim

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What Bernie wants is an even number of teams so one can provide kit to another, thus creating an "A Team" and "B Team" structure in F1:

Red Bull supplies Toro Rosso
Ferrari supplies Sauber
McLaren supplies Force India
Lotus supplies Caterham
Mercedes supplies Marussia
Williams supplies.....? (was supposed to be HRT)

But as HRT has dropped out there is an odd number and Bernie's ideology has failed to come to fruition. This is one of the main reasons why Marussia has yet to be offered an agreement by FOM.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:40 pm 
Permabanned

Quote:
CNN and Caterham F1 Team Renew Multi-Year Sponsorship Agreement

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - 21st March 2013

CNN International and Caterham F1 Team have announced today that the leading international news network has renewed its multi-year partnership deal with Caterham F1 Team. The sponsorship will see CNN’s logo on both of the Caterham F1 Team cars as well as the drivers’ overalls and signals the fourth year that CNN has sponsored the growing Anglo / Malaysian F1 Team.

“Our partnership with Caterham F1 Team provides CNN with a powerful worldwide marketing platform and we’re delighted to continue the alliance of two aspirational global brands;” said Rani R. Raad, Chief Commercial Officer for CNN International. “As a forward thinking company this sponsorship plays to the heart of what CNN is all about, engaging new audiences and exploring new affiliations beyond the traditional or the expected.”

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal, Caterham F1 Team: “This partnership will provide us with a comprehensive platform allowing us to deliver additional exposure for the team and its sponsors through CNN media platforms worldwide. We also look forward to welcoming CNN and their partners to the races to further promote F1, Caterham F1 Team and develop real B2B opportunities."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:24 am 
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion

CNN sponsor Caterham? I did not know that. I cannot think where that appears on the car.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:49 am 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

B2B? Is this a new character in the Star Wars franchise?

Talk English please Caterham!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:28 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Quote:
Reports - Russia GP organiser goes broke - A dark cloud has moved above next year's inaugural Russian Formula One Grand Prix.

Speed Week is reporting that the debt ridden race organiser, Formula Sochi, has gone bankrupt and been liquidated by authorities of the Krasnodar region.

Just one month ago, Sochi mayor Anatoly Pakhomov announced that the city "will host" Formula One next November.

Speed Week claims that the bigger company, promoter and circuit builder Omega, has taken over full responsibility for the race preparations.

Official Dmitry Erofeev was quoted by the news agency Izvestia as saying the preparations will continue as normal.

Sochi mayor Pakhomov said last month: "The Krasnodar region administration do not have the right for any kind of failure in this project as the country's prestige is at stake.

"In the event of any problems we would definitely receive all the required help from our neighbours and state."

the lack of activity on their Facebook page in the last few weeks would suggest all is not right

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106251

Thank you for coming in and undoing all of Dave Richards' hard work.

Thank you for bloating the workforce and turning every decision within the team into a committee process.

Thank you for being hopeless at commercial to the point where you had no sponsors on your car for two years running and were forced into the most ridiculous ad 'campaign' in the history of the sport.

Thank you for deciding to toy with the livelihoods of the employees of Super Aguri before deciding to cut them loose anyway.

In short, thank you for absolutely nothing and fuck off.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:06 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Quote:
Reports - Russia GP organiser goes broke - A dark cloud has moved above next year's inaugural Russian Formula One Grand Prix.

Speed Week is reporting that the debt ridden race organiser, Formula Sochi, has gone bankrupt and been liquidated by authorities of the Krasnodar region.

Just one month ago, Sochi mayor Anatoly Pakhomov announced that the city "will host" Formula One next November.

Speed Week claims that the bigger company, promoter and circuit builder Omega, has taken over full responsibility for the race preparations.

Official Dmitry Erofeev was quoted by the news agency Izvestia as saying the preparations will continue as normal.

Sochi mayor Pakhomov said last month: "The Krasnodar region administration do not have the right for any kind of failure in this project as the country's prestige is at stake.

"In the event of any problems we would definitely receive all the required help from our neighbours and state."

the lack of activity on their Facebook page in the last few weeks would suggest all is not right

i will really not miss a russian grand prix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:36 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

if anything, the fans there are the victim again. Damon Hill already mentioned it in his autobiography (it was in the intro even) what a large fanbase Formula One has in that country.

Negotiations to hold a race there go back to the Brezhnev era. Now it really looked like happening, but things seem to have taken a turn for the worse. Anyway, F1 in Russia doesn't belong in Sochi. It should be in Moscow, the true heart of the Motherland.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tobias wrote:
if anything, the fans there are the victim again. Damon Hill already mentioned it in his autobiography (it was in the intro even) what a large fanbase Formula One has in that country.

Negotiations to hold a race there go back to the Brezhnev era. Now it really looked like happening, but things seem to have taken a turn for the worse. Anyway, F1 in Russia doesn't belong in Sochi. It should be in Moscow, the true heart of the Motherland.

I agree.

Also, not having the one and only Russian Grand Prix in Moscow is a cop out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tobias wrote:

So Russia is the Netherlands but larger...

big fan base over here as well...especially when Verstappen was still racing. But none of the companies really wanted to get behind Dutch talent of Zandvoort.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just saw the Australia FOM edit, holy shit how Lewis destroyed the tyre when he was fighting with Alonso

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:21 pm 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

Thanks for the heads up, I just grabbed the onboard lap lol :p

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:48 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The other two are much more interesting.
http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/ford ... men-69165/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

BBC qualifying highlights programme mentioned that Caterham wants Kovalainen in place of Pic..?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 194 95 96 97 98335 Next