TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 171 72 73 74 75 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Red Bull may not have caused Vettel's actions, but their lack of balls in handling it is why Mark would leave - it's a clear illustration that despite their claims neither driver is favoured, when it comes to the crunch Vettel won't be punished no matter what he does. And even if you feel like your team supports you, you can't work somewhere where you don't trust your teammate at all if there's an expectation for you to both follow team orders. Maybe a young guy with a lot to prove wouldn't mind that, but Webber's past that sort of attitude.

Yeah exactly, after all to the best of my knowledge they didn't radio Vettel and say give the place back. Even though he disobeyed the team order, I actually have no problem with Vettel's first attempt at overtaking. He gave it a shot and didn't pull it off. At that point the team should have said, ok, you had your one shot, it didn't work out, now pull back.....Don't often agree with Flavio, but he is right in this instance about the conflicting power struggles within that team, and the fact that Horner doesn't seem to be able to make a call of "Do as I say". I feel they are more McLaren than they want to admit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:49 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I can see Webber's career being very Coulthard if he leaves RB

Number 2 to a faster team mate in his prime, moves to a smaller team in an attempt to "do a Schumacher" lay the foundations for future success.
By the time that success arrives, he's too old and has to make way for the next young prodigy...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:19 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange

I reckon Coulthard and Webber can be compared very similarly with their careers, though I couldn't see Webber being any good as a commentator given he always goes "and ahhhhhhh...*sigh*...*deep breath*..........yeah and."

Honestly if he leaves Red Bull after this season, I think he might just retire.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:

Number 2 to a faster team mate in his prime, moves to a smaller team in an attempt to "do a Schumacher" lay the foundations for future success.
By the time that success arrives, he's too old and has to make way for the next young prodigy...

DC had an inherent advantage in that he had (and possibly still has) the best working relationship of any driver with Newey. He is still the driver to have driven the most races in a car designed by Newey. Newey followed him to McLaren and then followed him to Red Bull. Would he follow Webber to any future F1 team of his?

I'd like to think that by the time contracts are talked about seriously in July\August that Sebastien will have repaid Webber somehow and the issue will be completely done with.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:33 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

codename_47 wrote:
Tobias wrote:

Not wanting to start the whole pic trend thing again (heh, who am I kidding, yes I do :p) but this seems appropriate now given the current topic.

(Also remember this is how mad Mark was BEFORE the race :lol: )

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:34 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

codename_47 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Tobias wrote:

Not wanting to start the whole pic trend thing again (heh, who am I kidding, yes I do :p) but this seems appropriate now given the current topic.

(Also remember this is how mad Mark was BEFORE the race :lol: )

RtN wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

DC had an inherent advantage in that he had (and possibly still has) the best working relationship of any driver with Newey. He is still the driver to have driven the most races in a car designed by Newey. Newey followed him to McLaren and then followed him to Red Bull. Would he follow Webber to any future F1 team of his?

And never has so little been done with so much by so few ;)

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:02 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

BrainPain wrote:
Ospi wrote:
Considering Massa is holding his own against Alonso I think Webber would do fine.

I was gonna say. Webber is definately not a worse driver than Massa, and according to some members on this forum, Massa is outclassing Alonso at the moment so I don't see why Webber would be humiliated by Alonso.

Webber would be humiliated by the whole team. He is old, he has never won a championship and not even close to do it even if in the last three years he has always been behind the wheel of the fastest car. Why in hell would they put their money on him if not for having an experienced second driver? Last time ferrari had two competitive drivers was Mansell and Prost and its 20+ years ago. He will never have a real chance to run for championship in Ferrari and Ferrari will never be interested in a driver like him: if they have to find a substitute for alonso they'll go for Hamilton or Vettel or Raikkonen, if they go for a second driver they'll probably go on a young one that they have to pay less and they could hope can improve. Webber can be targeted only by average teams that need an experienced driver, possibly coming from the best team around. That's why it's better option is still to remain at RBR.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:23 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

BrainPain wrote:
That is certainly interesting. If that turns out to be true, I wonder where he'll get a seat? Lotus if Grosjean doesn't up his game or if Kimi is out of there for some reason after the season? Can't see any other top seats available for him, and I can't see any other driver from the top teams going to Red Bull either.

Perhaps a Webber-Grosjean swap. Don't see Kimi leaving Lotus as it has been such a good relationship so far but then again, it is Kimi and he knows what he is doing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think the fundamental issue is Horner's comments that they knew Vettel wouldn't let him back through.

Who's running the team? Vettel, Horner, Marko..?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:38 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Had a conversation with some non-f1 friends today....they don't understand why a racing driver should have to apologise for winning a race...

I tried explaining the ramifications to them but they didn't really "get it"

Maybe this whole episode is doing more harm to the sport than good....

Especially considering the 3 week break. If this had happened in Aus, more headlines would've replaced the scandal from the Malaysian race (indeed, who is talking about Ferrari's wonky strategy to favour Alonso now? ) but until the cars get back out there in China this story will sadly run and run.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If this had happened in Australia, Vettel wouldn't have made it out of the country.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I can sympathise with them. I'm still trying to work out why there are teams using team orders at the second race.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:17 pm 

Mattzel89 wrote:
[dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyft1o_sebastian-vettel-vs-mark-webber-2013-malaysian-grand-prix-team-radio-extra_auto[/dailymotion]

Aahhhh ! :p

Really nice, your videos are always interesting, thanks for sharing ! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:52 pm 
Permabanned

phil1993 wrote:
If this had happened in Australia, Vettel wouldn't have made it out of the country.

I think, in Australia we would see a remake of it:
[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8v0KZvXW0g[/youtubeidiot]
or this

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Claustrophobic wrote:
[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8v0KZvXW0g[/youtubeidiot]

I forgot how hilarious this was! First a hit but at first sight not much harm done except some wings, but then they both crash at the same time. And then they don't show Vettel going for another lap :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:54 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I wonder if the teams decision is now that the drivers can race each other safely. Both pulled it off VERY well. Vettel would've been angry at being told not to pass. Webber was certainly angry at Vettel trying to pass, so even in their states of anger they managed not to hit each other. That's actually really impressive IMO.

Also, Vettel tried to pass on the exit of T3 on the run up to 4 the lap before. So Webber knew he was coming. If that's the case, why didn't Webber just say "Well fuck this" and turn his engine back up again? Everything that everyone is saying, we've been led to believe that Webber turning his engine down was the only reason Vettel caught him. But in reality Vettel was with Mark earlier in the race and had wasted speed stuck behind Mark, apparently still not allowed to pass. This eventually cost Vettel a place to Lewis. So Vettel did have the speed, so if Marks engine was turned down, why wasn't it turned back up? If he just rolled over and died then I'm pretty disappointed in it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well, as some members have mentioned already, maybe his mindset wasn't 100% in it anymore with everything turned down, and expecting an easy ride to finish. I am no racing driver, so I have no idea how you work mentally in a situation like that, but I'd imagine it would be quite hard to just get back at 110% again in a heartbeat. And after seeing that battle, it is quite safe to say that he didn't roll over and die. That was one of the most intense battles for the lead in a long time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:

so if Marks engine was turned down, why wasn't it turned back up? If he just rolled over and died then I'm pretty disappointed in it.

He probably needed to save fuel like Hamilton. Webber started in fifth so it's logical to give him less fuell than Vettel on pole. When stuck in traffic you can save fuel. But Mark got a good start so he was never stuck in traffic and not in a position to save enough fuel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:21 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

cookie wrote:
ellis wrote:

so if Marks engine was turned down, why wasn't it turned back up? If he just rolled over and died then I'm pretty disappointed in it.

He probably needed to save fuel like Hamilton. Webber started in fifth so it's logical to give him less fuell than Vettel on pole. When stuck in traffic you can save fuel. But Mark got a good start so he was never stuck in traffic and not in a position to save enough fuel.

People are not shocked enough by this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:32 pm 

His actual start wasn't all that good, infact it was worse than everyone around him. He just positioned the car awesomely in the first set of turns.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 171 72 73 74 75 Next