TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 165 66 67 68 69261 Next

were you born before or after SPA 1991? (MSC F1 Debut)
Before 86%  86%  [ 190 ]
After 14%  14%  [ 30 ]
Total votes: 220
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gabriel wrote:
Early forecast for Malaysia, 60% possibility of rain for all 3 days.

I will only believe there will be rain when I see it on the TV whilst watching the race :lol:

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:23 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

They have a tropical downpour every afternoon there it's a well known fact.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:13 am 
The most anticipated member

On a ridiculous attempt to save Felipe Massa's reputation, the press (journalists, columnists and etc) are saying that he is having a lot of pressure to beat his teammate, a double World champion. In this pathetic theory, the pressure brings a lot of jitters, enough to disturb his performances on track. I disagree enormously with this thinking, it's a poor and shameless excuse to make Massa a mere "victim of the destiny". THE SAME OLD STORY we've seen with Barrichello in Ferrari days, the same movie ALL OVER AGAIN!

The truth is, in Formula One you're either good or you're not. Piquet father used to say a very wise commentary about his F1 experiences: "To be a champion in F1, first of all you need to be a leader and a champion on your own life". Felipe Massa doesn't even have intellectual resources to deal with the press on mature words. Whoever sees his interviews can clearly see he looks like a teenager....when did we see Massa making smart commentaries? I confess I've never seen...there's already a difference between him and Barrichello, who's a smart guy when dealing with the press, with decent arguments. So among the losers, he's the loser of the losers.

Another thing, Massa is NOT qualified to drive a F1 on the limit. In my opinion, Massa should come back driving go-karts, he needs to learn everything again. He only wins races when the situation is favorable, I mean, good cars like in 2008. That Ferrari car was a very winning project. Let's imagine that car still in hands of a Michael Schumacher, he would have been champion without any major problems.

This narrative: "oh poor Massa, he's intimidated by Alonso, that's why he loses concentration". According to this theory, Massa would become a World Champion If he'd go to a team where he doesn't need to share the box with a World Champion. Do you believe it? I don't. If Massa can't challenge his own teammate, that shares the same box with you, talks with the same people, sometimes share important informations about same the car, what about drivers you don't even share the box, like drivers from the other teams? If you can't beat your own teammate, you can't beat anybody else in F1. When will people understand? Why Ferrari insisting with this driver?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lol what a stupid theory indeed. He was able to put up a reasonable performance against a 7 times world champion, but he can't handle the pressure of a driver who has "just" 2 championships, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I dont know whats happening with Massa. Ever since he had that accident he hasn't quite been the same. Hes defiantly so much better than this, or used to be, maybe it's the car not suited to him at all, maybe he is forever affected from that accident, no idea. He needs to sort something out soon though, last weekend was probably his poorest weekend in his F1 career!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

One theory I've seen is that perhaps the damage caused by the spring has slightly affected his spacial awareness - not massively, but enough for him to be that tenth slower through some corners and misjudge distances between the car and grass; could be why he got involved in so many incidents. Personally I think the Hockenheim race damaged him more.

Regarding Sepang, it's meant to be dry for FP1, FP2 & FP3, might rain in qualifying and supposed to lash it down during the race.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:05 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hmm, interesting.

Sepeng will always rain in the afternoon in monsoon season, sometimes during the day too. You won't be able to tell until you see the clouds coming. It's stupid how they have pushed the time back it's always going to be a pain because that's when the heavy rain arrives.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

First weekend and Sky cause controversy. From this morning's Financial Times:

Quote:
"The chief executive of British Sky Broadcasting ordered a news story to be removed from the Sky News website after an executive producer complained that it had upset Formula 1 racing teams. Jeremy Darroch intervened after the article, which described a controversial agreement involving F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone and two racing teams, appeared on the eve of BSkyB’s inaugural broadcast of the global motorsport. People familiar with the decision said that Martin Turner, executive producer of Sky Sports new F1 channel, called his bosses from Melbourne, where his team was about to broadcast the season-opening Australian grand prix, to say that the article had caused a strong negative reaction from some F1 teams."

This was the story I posted on Friday I think. Here's an update from yesterday anyway:
http://www.f1zone.net/news/anger-as-f1- ... ams/13103/

It's going to get political this year and Bernie is very clever about it. Split teams into two groups (because Sauber & STR will go with Ferrari & Red Bull) and then come along with a deal to save F1 and increase his own income.

Quote:
Maybe FOTA should rebrand to LMFAO. Lotus McLaren and a Few Additional Organizations

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scirocco wrote:
I dont know whats happening with Massa. Ever since he had that accident he hasn't quite been the same. Hes defiantly so much better than this, or used to be, maybe it's the car not suited to him at all, maybe he is forever affected from that accident, no idea. He needs to sort something out soon though, last weekend was probably his poorest weekend in his F1 career!

Massa never really was great. The Ferrari just made him look that way. If you put an Albers or Inoue in the same car they even would look somewhat decent.
For most of his time at Ferrari the car was good enough to make sure he could do what he was hired to do. Play second fiddle to Micheal, Kimi and Fernando.
Apparently Brazilians are used to be someone's bitch as Rubens also was good at it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Seeing as no-one has made the thread yet, here's the Prixview (yes, I did just do that)
http://www.f1zone.net/news/malaysia-gra ... iew/13129/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
Scirocco wrote:

Massa never really was great. The Ferrari just made him look that way. If you put an Albers or Inoue in the same car they even would look somewhat decent.
For most of his time at Ferrari the car was good enough to make sure he could do what he was hired to do. Play second fiddle to Micheal, Kimi and Fernando.
Apparently Brazilians are used to be someone's bitch as Rubens also was good at it.

You do know that he almost won the WDC in 08 though? With Kimi being a fair bit behind him in the standings.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BrainPain wrote:
micha wrote:
Scirocco wrote:

You do know that he almost won the WDC in 08 though? With Kimi being a fair bit behind him in the standings.

And we all know that Kimi's motivation was well below par that season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:40 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

BrainPain wrote:
micha wrote:
Scirocco wrote:

Kimi was 1 position behind him. In 2007, Massa was 3 behind Kimi. 2005 and 2008 are the only years that Massa has ever finished ahead of his team mate in the standings. And 2005 he only beat a returning Villeneuve by 2 points.

He has had enough chances to impress, and hasn't gotten the job done. Ferrari have been good to him since the accident - had he not had that, he'd probably would have been sacked earlier. It's time for him to move on and that seat to go to someone who deserves it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Also, I've read a lot about 2008 and efforts were heavily focused on Massa. The car didn't suit Kimi and Ferrari didn't help him sort out his qualifying problems for 6 or 7 races, where he lost heaps of points.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:54 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

This reminds me of when people said that Ralf Schumacher was one of the worst F1 drivers in history. He and Massa kind of remind me of each other; both declined after head injuries. There you go.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

dicksplaash wrote:
This reminds me of when people said that Ralf Schumacher was one of the worst F1 drivers in history. He and Massa kind of remind me of each other; both declined after head injuries. There you go.

I doubt Ralf would have come that far in his career if he wasn't related to Micheal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

dicksplaash wrote:

And so goes any assessment of an F1 driver who's fallen on hard times. One their performance goes downhill it's OMG WORST DRIVER EVAR and general concensus that they were always crap. To me the evidence pretty clearly shows Massa was worthy of his seat until his 2009 accident, and the driver that came back is at nowhere near the same level. I expect he'll be out at the end of the year if not sooner and that's deserved, but yadi yadi yada how many times have we flogged this horse?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

oh he did deserve his seat...Just like Rubens and Irvine. At the time they accepted their role as second driver.
However after tasting some success they all thought they where the world greatest drivers....
After 1999 Irvine thought he'd be the next world champion. Easily forgetting he wouldn't even had a shot at the title if Micheal didn't break his leg.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:58 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

micha wrote:
dicksplaash wrote:

I doubt Ralf would have come that far in his career if he wasn't related to Micheal.

You mean German F3 runner-up, Macau GP Champion, Formula Nippon Champion. He did that all because of his brother?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Even in those classes, having the right car makes a huge difference.
Being the little brother of one the biggest name at the time in racing will always have its benefits.

Anyways, Massa gets a new chassis for the next race and is out of excuses

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/03/20/m ... rand-prix/

Quote:
“This choice was taken to clear up any doubts about the unusual performance of his car during the weekend at Albert Park.”

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 165 66 67 68 69261 Next