TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1348 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 67 68 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Regiotap wrote:
Speedworx wrote:
If they are going to throw the book at Ferrari. How anbout McLaren in the same race 2 years ago, or turkey this year or Germany this year?

The media needs to let this drop as its a non issue!

Yes. Button who left the pits just behind Hamilton was very suspicious.

Yeaa Button was told to slow down a bit coming out of the pits and let Hamilton past :p

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Speedworx wrote:
If they are going to throw the book at Ferrari. How anbout McLaren in the same race 2 years ago, or turkey this year or Germany this year?

Is there actually somthing wrong with you?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:54 pm 

Regiotap wrote:
Speedworx wrote:

Yes. Button who left the pits just behind Hamilton was very suspicious.

I already pointed out that but obviously the Ferrari's cheating takes all the attention. To me, it looked like that if Button stayed a couple of laps more, he probably could have overtaken Lewis.

As much as I hate team orders, the problem with punishing Ferrari is that the other teams also benefits one of their drivers. I have no doubt Vettel and Hamilton are seen as number 1 by their teams although they obviously won't say it in public.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

highgroove wrote:
Speedworx wrote:

Is there actually somthing wrong with you?

Most likely.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:56 pm 

da_chris wrote:
I have 2 Fiat and 1 Alfa 164, but I won´t sell them because of the things that happened today. In my oppinion Alonso ans Smedley are retards and I don´t like the way Ferrari is whining about every piece of shit happening in F1. That has nothing to do with the street-cars. On the other hand I would never buy a Mercedes, not because I like or diskike the F1 drivers that have a Mercedes engine, but because they build shitty grandpa-cars.

from another forum, a guy wrote:
Quote:
Ferrari did the right thing. The way they did it was wrong and stpid. The decision itself was 100% correct.
Massa is a chump and will always be a chump. He has no chance to win the championship. Fernando is back in the fight. Massa has the number 2 status in his contract, he earns a lot of money for that and if he in´t happy with that, he is free to leave. He behaved like an idiot anyway in the press conference actually confirming the team orders more or less.

Now all the haters can come out once more, but you know what? THis doesn´t change a thing. Ferrari didn´t sell 1 car less after Austria 2002 and they won´t sell 1 car less after Hockenheim 2010, because Ferrari customers don´t give a s*** about what happens in F1 or which politics the team stand for. The Ferrari brand is a cult, Red Bull will never be such a thing. They can f*** off to Austria and sell their unhealthy drinks.

Viva Ferrari!
Viva Alonso!

I can guarantee you that no Red Bull driver wins the championship, it´s either a McLaren driver or Alonso. Red Bull are a bunch of whining, overhyped and spoilt bitches!

I kinda agree with you guys that F1 and car selling has nothing to do with each other, the cars themselfs, the technology are completely different. What happens in F1 stays in F1 and Ferrari "won't sell a car less", as the other guy wrote.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Artur Craft wrote:
da_chris wrote:
I have 2 Fiat and 1 Alfa 164, but I won´t sell them because of the things that happened today. In my oppinion Alonso ans Smedley are retards and I don´t like the way Ferrari is whining about every piece of shit happening in F1. That has nothing to do with the street-cars. On the other hand I would never buy a Mercedes, not because I like or diskike the F1 drivers that have a Mercedes engine, but because they build shitty grandpa-cars.

from another forum, a guy wrote:
Quote:
Ferrari did the right thing. The way they did it was wrong and stpid. The decision itself was 100% correct.
Massa is a chump and will always be a chump. He has no chance to win the championship. Fernando is back in the fight. Massa has the number 2 status in his contract, he earns a lot of money for that and if he in´t happy with that, he is free to leave. He behaved like an idiot anyway in the press conference actually confirming the team orders more or less.

Now all the haters can come out once more, but you know what? THis doesn´t change a thing. Ferrari didn´t sell 1 car less after Austria 2002 and they won´t sell 1 car less after Hockenheim 2010, because Ferrari customers don´t give a s*** about what happens in F1 or which politics the team stand for. The Ferrari brand is a cult, Red Bull will never be such a thing. They can f*** off to Austria and sell their unhealthy drinks.

Viva Ferrari!
Viva Alonso!

I can guarantee you that no Red Bull driver wins the championship, it´s either a McLaren driver or Alonso. Red Bull are a bunch of whining, overhyped and spoilt bitches!

I kinda agree with you guys that F1 and car selling has nothing to do with each other, the cars themselfs, the technology are completely different. What happens in F1 stays in F1 and Ferrari "won't sell a car less", as the other guy wrote.

Ferrari owners are by and large self absorbed pricks as well. So this is an act of heroism to them as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:05 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

A great article:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8856761.stm

And furthermore, I totally agree with Luca for once. That doesn't happen too often!

Good list of past team order incidents there too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:37 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

lol @ people threatening to sell their fiats or boycotting those cars etc, the world is screwed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:44 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Quote:
"These things have happened since the days of (Tazio) Nuvolari (a Ferrari driver in the 1930s) and I experienced it myself when I was sporting director, in the days of Niki Lauda.

Wasn't illegal back then, but don't let facts get in the way of a good moan eh Luca.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:36 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

It's going nowhere, is it ?
Some people will always defend the idea, some others will always be against...I guess Ferrari will get away with it, as it seems quite trivial to cheat in such a big event nowadays.
Well, i think that it's a shame. They cheated in a very obvious way (you've got to be blind or...working for Ferrari to deny this) but as everyone says...everybody does, so...where's the problem ? let them just get away with it, and it will be done again, by them or another team...and that will only damage a bit more the image of Formula 1, but who cares ?
Well, maybe when people will be fed up of this kind of bullshit, to pay €200 a ticket to see a spoiled race and will switch on some other categories of motorsport...i guess people will start to care.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:28 am 

Legality is always flexible subject to human decisions and circumstances, and in this case it is rather reasonable arriving at the end of the season. Luca was right.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

silentiris wrote:
Legality is always flexible subject to human decisions and circumstances, and in this case it is rather reasonable arriving at the end of the season. Luca was right.

:o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:39 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

After was happened yesterday, I'll never, ever buy a Ferrari.

It's their loss.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

From Ferrari's standpoint it was the logical thing to do, infact it was the right thing to do (for Ferrari) Had I been in the same posistion I would have made the same call, after all it would be my job. That being said does'nt make it right, and it was a clear violation of the rules. They did a horrible job of trying to cover any sort of manipulation of the race and they should ultimately pay the price.

When watching the interview of Massa right after the race you can clearly tell by the emotion in his face and tone in his voice that he never made that decision. Personally I think he deliberately used that tone of voice when he answered those questions just to make it that obvious to everyone that hne was just saying what Ferrari wanted him to. I really can't see how anyone can debate this to be honest, unless your really that much of a Ferrari fanboy and are really that naïve.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:00 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I'm definitely not a Ferrari fan but actually i think that what they have done is not worst than what other teams are doing. Just the way they made it happen is absolutely stupid.

I mean, when McLaren tells Button in Turkey to slow down and save fuel after trying to overtake Hamilton...seriously do you believe it ? When Red Bull is giving Webber front wing to Vettel, then we all know the story... And even when teams are playing with the limit of the rules to make the car faster (F-duct, flexible front wings,...).

Hypocrisy in formula 1 have just reach a top level and there is none of them who have the legitimacy to teach others. It's a lot of fun to ear others teams saying " In a similar case, we'll let our drivers fighting". Unfortunately for us, teams know that in 10 years there is only one name we will remember from 2010 season and that will be the one of the world champion. It pisses me off as much as you but mainly because of the general atmosphere and the crap philosophy which ruins F1 since many years : " Winning is the target (victory and money) whatever the way, fuck the rest".

I'll of course continue to watch Formula 1 like the past 12 years with hopes that one day we'll have a champion who fully deserve his title without any scandal behind.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:13 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Raikkon wrote:
A great article:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8856761.stm

And furthermore, I totally agree with Luca for once. That doesn't happen too often!

Good list of past team order incidents there too.

It makes me mad that Horner apparently is totally against what Ferrari did, but after what happened at Silverstone, he should shut the fak up! All the hypochrisy!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Speedworx wrote:

I wouldn't say a "non issues" as much as it's not really that important... Team manipulation, with the intention to achieve a required result, from team management is part of sport, any sport.
I personally have absolutly no problem with what Ferrari did on Sunday, but it does make me laugh how ham fisted they went about it.. Unfortunatly they are under intense scrutiny from the worlds media (and knowledgable fans at home, according to EJ) and every little move they do or comment they make is analysed to the tiniest degree, but let's be honest, it wouldn't have mattered how clever or subtle they went about it as just Massa's body language would have given the game away.
There are going to be people for and against what's happened, but at the end of the day what's done is done and part of the rich tapestry of life is that we all have differing ideas and ideals about subjective things...
Having said that we shouldn't resort to insults and rudeness in a pulic place to get our point across.

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:36 am 

iks wrote:

LOL :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's funny but this whole thing could've been avoided had Ferrari done the smart thing and done the switch in the pits somehow.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1348 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 67 68 Next