TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1348 posts ]  Go to page Previous 162 63 64 65 6668 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:26 pm 
God Complex Ahoy!
God Complex Ahoy!

Phew, I'm not the only one who voted 7. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:30 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

2. Racing wasn't that good, and then the result was fixed. The post-race was actually far more interesting than the race itself. I'd vote that 8 or 9 out of 10!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Schumacher sympathises with Ferrari

Quote:
Michael Schumacher has sympathised with Ferrari's decision to implement team orders at the German Grand Prix. The seven-times world champion said such situations were uncomfortable but, in some circumstances, necessary.

"I can see that in the years when we did it, we were leading by so much and people thought it was unnecessary," he told reporters after the race and before the stewards' penalty. "I can agree on that one in one way, but in principle, I cannot. In principle, I fully accept and agree with what has gone on. You have to do it in a way that is maybe nice and not too obvious. Make it a nice fight but there is only one target, and that is winning the championship."

He said that questions would also be asked of Ferrari if Alonso ended up losing the championship by less than seven points - the difference between first and second.

"I have been criticised in the past for exactly that," he said. "I have to say that I understand 100% and I would do exactly the same if I was in their situation. At the end of the day, what are we here for? We are fighting for a championship and there is only one driver that can win the championship. At the end of the year, if you think you have lost the championship for that point, you will ask yourself - and not only yourself but the fans, the TV and the journalists - why didn't you do it.

"If you go back to other years in other teams in other situations, in the last race for example, there has been clear team orders - and everyone accepts that. It's the last race, it's normal and so on. Whether it is the last race, the second-to-last race or even earlier, what is the point in criticising?"

Full article here - http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/24448.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85573

Quote:
Whitmarsh to hold private Ferrari talks

By Jonathan Noble Monday, July 26th 2010, 08:21 GMT

Stefano Domenicali, Martin WhitmarshMcLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh plans to hold private talks with Ferrari to let them know his views on the team orders controversy that rocked the German Grand Prix.

Ferrari was fined $100,000 and could face further sanctions from the FIA's World Motor Sport Council for illegally using team orders to help Fernando Alonso take victory at Hockenheim on Sunday.

Although Ferrari is adamant that it did nothing wrong, the Maranello team's actions have caused a wave of outrage from fans and the media worldwide.

And although Ferrari's decision to hand Alonso the win in Germany has added a fresh dynamic to the world title fight, Whitmarsh said he did not wish to get drawn into a public slanging match.

"I don't want to get drawn into it," explained Whitmarsh. "I have my own private views on it. They were quicker than us today; they got a 1-2, but perhaps in a different order from that which people may have thought was right.

"I will give my private views to Ferrari, but I don't want to go on record and express those views."

And despite Ferrari showing itself so willing to throw its support behind one driver, Whitmarsh has promised his drivers that they will remain free to race.

"You can go back to the late 90s and all sorts of times when things have happened - but we decide to race. I think having our drivers racing, in the longer term, is a healthy thing to do for this team.

"That is my decision and that is what we want to do. Others do what they want to do, and it is for the FIA and Ferrari to determine what they think is right. We were racing our two guys until the end of the race."

He added: "All I know is the same as you. I heard what I heard, I saw what I saw, but it is for others to comment on.

"Ferrari were quick and we did what we could - and they raced how they raced. That was not a new approach from Ferrari, was it?"

I recon it will be something like this

Whitmarsh: Doohoood!! I thought we agreed to not do it so open anymore!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:59 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Michael Schumacher wrote:
He said that questions would also be asked of Ferrari if Alonso ended up losing the championship by less than seven points - the difference between first and second.

He said the same after Austrian GP 2002, except that Alonso is be replaced by Schumacher and seven points by four.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:08 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Bleu wrote:

He said the same after Austrian GP 2002, except that Alonso is be replaced by Schumacher and seven points by four.

Yeah, but the problem with that argument is that only winners will be remembered and how they did it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:12 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Bleu wrote:

And that in Austria it didn't matter since Ferrari won every single race after that except Monaco.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And it was legal in 2002...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:53 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

De Cesaris fan wrote:

Strictly speaking it wasn't. As raised by Brundle, immediately after Austria 2002, a rule was introduced after Australia 1998 to stop it happening. But as Martin said, they clearly decided not to enforce it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:07 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:30 pm 

7/10. Pretty good race. Team orders .. spiced it up a bit. (yes I'm one of those people who watch the race just to see an incident occurring).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:51 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Pretty lame -> 4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:

Strictly speaking it wasn't. As raised by Brundle, immediately after Austria 2002, a rule was introduced after Australia 1998 to stop it happening. But as Martin said, they clearly decided not to enforce it.

Oh right. I was always under the impression that it was brought in because of the uproar after Austria 02.

Australia 1998 was stupid but I *think* that Hakkinen only lost the lead because the team cocked up and waved him through the pitlane at some point? He probably deserved that win rightly or wrongly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This one deserves a good caption for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:11 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

germans might be interested in ServusTV tonight, they'll be talking about the german GP with Nick Heidfeld, Sebastian Vettel, Ted Kravitz and Marc Surer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:28 pm 
2012 TBK-Light Fantasy Football Champion
2012 TBK-Light Fantasy Football Champion

Mattzel89 wrote:
germans might be interested in ServusTV tonight, they'll be talking about the german GP with Nick Heidfeld, Sebastian Vettel, Ted Kravitz and Marc Surer

What the hell is ServusTV? Never heard of it before.

Edit: Oh, I see, it's some private channel owned by Red Bull. Might tune in, at least they got some real xperts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:31 pm 
Eddie Jordan

If they are going to throw the book at Ferrari. How anbout McLaren in the same race 2 years ago, or turkey this year or Germany this year?

The media needs to let this drop as its a non issue!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:33 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

caio89 wrote:
Mattzel89 wrote:

What the hell is ServusTV? Never heard of it before.

Edit: Oh, I see, it's some private channel owned by Red Bull. Might tune in, at least they got some real xperts.

they also have NASCAR coverage :p

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:38 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Speedworx wrote:
If they are going to throw the book at Ferrari. How anbout McLaren in the same race 2 years ago, or turkey this year or Germany this year?

The media needs to let this drop as its a non issue!

Yes. Button who left the pits just behind Hamilton was very suspicious.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1348 posts ]  Go to page Previous 162 63 64 65 6668 Next