TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1283 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 6265 Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

cookie wrote:
1. boring boring boring, I keep saying this but why are FOM not using all their gimmicks they introduced over the years? Even Brundle mentioned there was no more fuel calculation graphics after a pitstop, I don't think they've used that graphic all year.

They did, after Kovalainen's 2nd stop.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:25 pm 

Fisichella all the way :flag:

Kimi was lucky to finish today :whistling:

Vettel was good ... due to last few drastic races he was overcautious at the start. After that he was good ... Luckily Renault engine ..erm ..erm sh1t survived haha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

amq55 wrote:
cookie wrote:
1. boring boring boring, I keep saying this but why are FOM not using all their gimmicks they introduced over the years? Even Brundle mentioned there was no more fuel calculation graphics after a pitstop, I don't think they've used that graphic all year.

They did, after Kovalainen's 2nd stop.

They did?? But there it was pretty obvious he was on a 1 stopper anyway, I like to know what amount of fuel Fisi and Kimi were on for their second stint.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:26 pm 

8 points :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:27 pm 

Fisico :thumbsup:

Who voted Badoer ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:29 pm 

3 - Shaky hands during Podium celebration

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:44 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Christian wrote:
Which dumbfuck voted Alguersuari? LOL 8O

T.S wrote:
Who voted Badoer ?

Hum ? :o

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Someone keeps changing their vote.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:49 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

This was probably the 2nd best race of the year. I think only Melbourne has offered more action than Spa did this weekend. Just awesome weekend overall and we finally had a real fight for the win since God knows for how long. There were even some real overtaking happening on the track! A real race. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:02 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I like how everyone just automatically assumes Raikkonen doesn't try hard all the time just because he seems like he doesn't give a shit. Through all of his interviews and press conferences I just get the impression that he's a genuine guy and actually does try his absolute hardest at every single race. He just doesn't strike me as a guy who would mail it in and then randomly try hard again. He's just a simple, no bullshit guy and I guess that's why everyone thinks he's lazy or can't be bothered or whatever. Explain to me why he lost all that weight in the offseason to help fit the KERS then? Why would anyone train so hard all the time just to mail it in when the race comes? That doesn't make any sense.

Now he goes out and wins a race with the 3rd or 4th best car on the grid and he still sucks. He had 3 podiums at 3 of the most physically grueling races prior to this win and yet, he's shit and doesn't try hard.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
Someone keeps changing their vote.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Uploaded Some videos from BBC's broadcast here, including the various Onboards they showed of the start:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4479

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Why the heck can you change your vote anyways?!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RickR wrote:
Why the heck can you change your vote anyways?!

I really don't know, because i didn't click re-allow vote :o

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:20 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Fisichella, definitely.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
And from there on he's been a better driver to an extent. But we don't know to what extent as he hasn't had a yardstick.

What does it matter? Kimi Raikkonen went out there today in the 3rd or 4th best car on raw pace terms and beat everybody but his win doesn't count or isn't good enough because that joke Badoer is in the other car? wth?
What does it matter who is driving the other car he has stepped up and has delivered when victory was possible just like Hamilton five weeks back who you lauded with praise. If my memory serves me correctly he also passed a faster package due to KERS at the time!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't think the Ferrari is 4th best any longer. That may have been the case up until the Nurburgring, but new bits introduced at the Hungaroring and Valencia have made a difference. At the same time, Brawn have failed to make forward progress and Red Bull are in trouble with their engines. I would say that at the worst, the Ferrari is the 3rd best car on a bad weekend, behind two of either McLaren, Red Bull and the Brawns.

Which is why a lot of Ferrari fans have been frustrated with Massa's injury and the use of Badoer as a replacement; if we assume that Raikkonen's team-mate over the past few races had been of a similar level, Ferrari could have, in theory, doubled their already-high points haul.

It's not exactly a surprise that Raikkonen won. With his fuel load and his KERS, all he had to do was to make sure he didn't lose his front wing on the first lap and the rest would almost come to him.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

An entertaining race all in all! A shame we could've get a few sprinkles of rain again, would've made it all the more exciting.
Fantatic result for Fisico there, although I would've loved to have seen him and Force India take the win :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

alex1369 wrote:
mann i really angry at grosejan and algu or whatever he calls, mann i would relly like to know wtf gives so young drivers a 800hp car, they just made the car licence test, mann and today showed that totaly unexpirenced drivers dont know what the are doing, and the result is the take inocent drivers out as well, they lock up and crash others, if i were lewis or jenson, i would slap their faces, and send them back to gp2 -- there they can make such shit as they did today

is their some competition going on for who gets the worst post of the day? 8O

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
I don't think the Ferrari is 4th best any longer. That may have been the case up until the Nurburgring, but new bits introduced at the Hungaroring and Valencia have made a difference. At the same time, Brawn have failed to make forward progress and Red Bull are in trouble with their engines. I would say that at the worst, the Ferrari is the 3rd best car on a bad weekend, behind two of either McLaren, Red Bull and the Brawns.

Which is why a lot of Ferrari fans have been frustrated with Massa's injury and the use of Badoer as a replacement; if we assume that Raikkonen's team-mate over the past few races had been of a similar level, Ferrari could have, in theory, doubled their already-high points haul.

It's not exactly a surprise that Raikkonen won. With his fuel load and his KERS, all he had to do was to make sure he didn't lose his front wing on the first lap and the rest would almost come to him.

The Ferrari car was clearly 4th best this weekend, there's a reason why fuel corrected Vettel, Fisi, Trulli and the Beemers were ahead of him he himself admitted he got all he could out of it in qualifying and 6th was all it delivered.
None of the touted replacements for Massa barring arguably Fernando Alonso would have wrung as much as Kimi did out of the car. Acclimitisation to the Ferrari. KERS Systems et all. Alguersauri and Grosjean are just two examples of talented drivers who are still a few tenths off their teammates who have joined recently.

While it may not be surprising that Kimi won today he still got the job done. KERS or not, he didn't bin it despite having Fisico in tow all race nor did he make one single error during the race. Kimi controlled that race with an aplomb irregardless of what you say sure the Force India did well but it was genuinely quick car this weekend but Kimi won and I don't understand how his detractors can take potshots at him for doing so.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1283 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 6265 Next