TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 152 53 54 55 56 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That is "first safety car line" I guess?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:13 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Yup.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

chimp wrote:
Guys at Clip The Apex forum counted 70 passes in the race.

After just 4 races this season we already had 156 passes, whole 2009 season had 244 passes 8O

amazing, all we need is on tracks wich usually provide boring races like next one in spain a bit of help from God, a bit of rain like in china or australia is always welcomed... hope till the end there will be 500 passes, started really good now

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:47 pm 

Bleu wrote:
da_chris wrote:
the pass was under SC-conditions, but the spanish whiner was already given a drive-through, so they couldn´t give him another one, by the was he drives a Ferrari, so nothing will happen.

I don't think it was. The replay was shown during the SC but the safety car itself was deployed after that happened.

Ferraris had that pit stop on lap 19, Alguersuari was pitting at the same time for inters too being few seconds ahead of the Ferraris. He then had collision on the next lap where he damaged his front wing.

Ok, then it was my bad. some 12 hours can shake your brain a bit when you have a 4 month old son :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I know this race had everything a race should have, with passing all over the place and mistakes and never cars in the same order as the lap before or after, but I was bored. I really can't tell why, but I was bored. Maybe I was tired or my hangover was killing me, but I was glad it was over.

5/10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

7/10

The first half was amazing with all the action. Last half wasn't bad but not as exciting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:40 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Gave it a 9, great race :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:40 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Absolutelly Hamilton :flag:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:38 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

chimp wrote:
Guys at Clip The Apex forum counted 70 passes in the race.

After just 4 races this season we already had 156 passes, whole 2009 season had 244 passes 8O

And who says you can't overtake in F1??

alex1369 wrote:
amazing, all we need is on tracks wich usually provide boring races like next one in spain

Barcelona is the hardest track to overtake on, harder than Monaco & Hungary

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

3 of the races have been affected quite severely by inclement weather.

If the Spanish GP is dry, we'll be back in single digits again.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:10 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Button because of his genial tactical eye. He made some others look so amateurish.

Hamilton is close second, he really brings fire to racing!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:14 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Very entertaining, but latter part of the race was a bit procession.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:30 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Lasek99 wrote:
also i find it absolutely fucking hilarious that someone is bitching about a SC when all it did was make the race more exciting. who gives a fuck what it was for, what does it matter if it was for a bug on the track or three cars upside down and on fire? it happened and it was awesome.

I give a fuck.
I want to see a proper race sure there is a good reason for safety cars at times but cranes have been successfully used in the past to remove cars but i guess safety cars are cheaper.
I find it hilarious that it is always a Nascar fan who wants to see cautions to bunch up the field, they always want the underdog usually the most popular driver to win because its a heart warming story just like in the movies :yuk:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:23 am 

8 for me, good race, no battle for the lead though and was mostly made good due to bad pit lane decisions (and some great passes and battles)

Still good race, entertaining :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:35 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

scarsurfing wrote:
Lasek99 wrote:
also i find it absolutely fucking hilarious that someone is bitching about a SC when all it did was make the race more exciting. who gives a fuck what it was for, what does it matter if it was for a bug on the track or three cars upside down and on fire? it happened and it was awesome.

I give a fuck.
I want to see a proper race sure there is a good reason for safety cars at times but cranes have been successfully used in the past to remove cars but i guess safety cars are cheaper.
I find it hilarious that it is always a Nascar fan who wants to see cautions to bunch up the field, they always want the underdog usually the most popular driver to win because its a heart warming story just like in the movies :yuk:

look i don't really care if there is a heart warming story or an underdog or whatever the shit you're talking about. im just saying 99% of the time when there is a boring race going every other post in this thread is OMG SC PLZ SC PLZ. its amazing how nobody is ever satisfied with anything. there was a SC and it isn't up to any of us to base how legitimate it was. it happened and it probably was for a good reason since a SC in an F1 race is rare compared to most other forms of racing.

and its funny how you generalize all nascar fans as people who want fake cautions because at this point i cant stand most of what nascar is and stands for and dislike their new rules to further ill-legitimize the racing. so next time don't tell me how i think based on what is in my avatar.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:27 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

my top 3:

Button: Super Intelligent driving and very good strategy. Really, he impressed me more than 2009! :D
Hamilton: Passing style all over the place! His driving is very tast, too bad he's change his tires too early. that's surely cost him the race. but brillant 2nd was nice too! :thumbsup:
Petrov: great passes and solid race, just some little errors, but he show today he is the best rookie on the grid! Виталий хорошую работу!* ;)

*(Good Job Vitaly!)

Motorsport Lover since 1988
First TBK member to post it with a wiimote

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:02 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

8/10.

Great race, but the 10 last laps almost asleep me. hopefully, Jenson's Joy re-wake me up!! :p

Motorsport Lover since 1988
First TBK member to post it with a wiimote

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:37 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

LOL yeah i was a bit over the top there i just get sick of reading "OMG SC PLZ SC PLZ" had to rant a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:58 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was sitting with my buddy from Merc watching this and as the second SC screwed Rosberg pretty badly we both were pretty upset by it, but looking again at when it happened and where it was, I can kind of appreciate why they did it. Bits of the Toro Rosso wing were on the outside of that flat-out kink at the start of the lap, and given that everyone's tyres were knackered and the track was hugely greasy it was quite possible that someone would have got it wrong there, leaving them no other option than to slide into a group of marshals picking something up from the circuit.

They could possibly have done it under waved yellows I guess, but the safety car was a little more legitimate than I first gave it credit for.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:03 am 

Mika Kimi wrote:
McLaren pitradio after the race:

Pit:"Guys just a reminder we're not allowed to touch the drivers during parc ferme."

What? :o

They weigh the drivers after the race for the purposes of Car+Driver weight regulations. It's to stop the ridiculous theory that one could run a light car and driver, then shove some weight into his helmet/overalls whilst celebrating after the race before he is weighed, thereby meeting the minimum weight regulation.......

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 152 53 54 55 56 Next