TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 151 52 53 54 55 56 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Button, Hamilton and Petrov where the definitely the drivers of the race. But I voted Hamilton, showed some awesome moves throughout the race (That double pass on both RBR's for example).

Petrov was also awesome despite some early mistakes, got some good potential in the guy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:59 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Joey wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
your location explains your point of view.

What does that have to do with anything?

Well, obviously in Amerika we have IMPURE RACING that is CONSTANTLY INFLUENCED BY RACE CONTROL while in the GRAND EUROPEAN TRADITION there are no SAFETY CARS because drivers are willing to sacrifice themselves in COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE INCIDENTS to preserve the SANCTITY OF THE RACE.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:07 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It took 6 marshals to clean up that debris, which was right on the racing line. You don't want them on track under green flag conditions. The SC was valid.

I laughed hard at the notion that the FIA threw it to favour Hamilton. If anything the Ferrari's benefited from it the most because they would've been nowhere without it.

Not that I think that's why the SC was thrown at all, its just so illogical reasoning it deserves pointing out and laughing at :p

Good race though, not gonna bitch about races when they're exciting and full of overtaking ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:07 pm 

Shaddix wrote:
pit stop 1 he cut-off the track, possible gaining him track position because everyone was coming in and so he would be faster out

[irony]he just missed the apex... :D [/irony]
Quote:
Hamiltons pitstop 2 move on Vettel, that was just dangerous, the pitlane entry is not a place where you should battle for position,

as ist is part of the racetrack it is allowed. He left the white line with just two wheels, so it is ok. He didn´t break a rule
Quote:
same is for Alonso on Massa, which was even worse

the pass was under SC-conditions, but the spanish whiner was already given a drive-through, so they couldn´t give him another one, by the was he drives a Ferrari, so nothing will happen.
Quote:
Hamilton pushing Webber off the track was also very very dirty and should have given him a penalty

no he didn´t. You can see on the onboard cam. Webber is just a whiny little girl (<-my oppinion)

At least both HRT made another :flag:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Petrov did a decent job but was still 25 seconds behind Kubica, even with the SC bunching them back up. Don't see how that deserves driver of the race. :? And he spun off...

Button and Rosberg drove well imo.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

by watching some replays, the incident with Webber was less terrible then I thought when I saw it life
it's still questionable, but I think it should be labeled "racing incident"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
I laughed hard at the notion that the FIA threw it to favour Hamilton. If anything the Ferrari's benefited from it the most because they would've been nowhere without it.

I'm finding it hilarious that a Schumacher fan is complaining about the FIA favouring someone :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:15 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Very eventful first half but the last 20 laps were not that good. 8/10

Same. It wasn't as good as Australia, but it was still very interesting and had a lot of passing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:16 pm 

kals wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

I'm finding it hilarious that a Schumacher fan is complaining about the FIA favouring someone :lol:

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:18 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Lasek99 wrote:
Only 4 votes for Alonso? He creamed his teammate after making an extra stop plus a stop and go penalty on top of that.

He jumped the start and would've been no-where with all those stops without the Safety Car in mid-race.

No doubt a great drive, loved him stamping his authority on Massa on pit in, but not the best of the day.

Button is my vote, once again an excellent strategy choice in difficult conditions. How can he keep getting it so right and everyone else not?
(I guess everyone else will just follow his strategy calls from now on and it'll be harder for him to seperate from the pack, but still, really happy for him, and all those worries of Hamilton blowing him away must be long put to bed :) )

Special mention to Hamilton for making things exciting and finding places to pass where no others could.

For once my choices for the top 2 drivers in the race finished first and second....how rare!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Artur Craft wrote:
Actually, I don't wanna look agressive to you americans but "manipulating the race" isn't something that people outside US are used to. Without that SC I probably would rare it as an 8 but the whole situation after the SC was the result of a fabrication. But we are actually losing time because how someone rates anything is subjective.

But manipulating the championship is something you must be all too used to, surely.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Artur Craft wrote:
Changing to the main factor of the race imo, can someone tell me if there was a better reason than what was shown by FOM to have a SC in that race??? I honestly can't remember a SC in F1 being such a farce like this last one. It seemed to me that the reason was exclusively to vanish the gap the ballsy drivers (Button, Rosberg and Kubica) had over the field. F1 is becoming as artificial as some american series.

Finally they start to put SC cars out with debris on track, debris is very dangerous as we saw with Massa last year. Too many times in the past they've let drivers race through big parts of debris.

And safety cars make races exciting, it's the same for everyone. If you loose a big lead, that's just bad luck.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:29 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

phil1993 wrote:
I'll say it again: The pit lane is part of the racing track. When Legard asked Brundle if these moves (Ham/Vet, Mas/Alo) were legal Brundle said that its part of the track

But on track, you cannot overtake by going inside the white lines, like they did. You'd be forced to give the position back for taking off a chunk of the track. So if the pit lane is part of the track, and the same rules apply, then why were these moves ok?

I don't mind the moves personally, but the rules need clarified.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

cookie wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
Changing to the main factor of the race imo, can someone tell me if there was a better reason than what was shown by FOM to have a SC in that race??? I honestly can't remember a SC in F1 being such a farce like this last one. It seemed to me that the reason was exclusively to vanish the gap the ballsy drivers (Button, Rosberg and Kubica) had over the field. F1 is becoming as artificial as some american series.

Finally they start to put SC cars out with debris on track, debris is very dangerous as we saw with Massa last year. Too many times in the past they've let drivers race through big parts of debris.

And safety cars make races exciting, it's the same for everyone. If you loose a big lead, that's just bad luck.

true
and the location and amount of spray made it very hard for the other cars to see and avoid the debris, or the marshals trying to get rid of the debris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Petrov did a decent job but was still 25 seconds behind Kubica, even with the SC bunching them back up. Don't see how that deserves driver of the race. :? And he spun off...

Button and Rosberg drove well imo.

mainly because of his guts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The thing to think about with the Hamilton/Vettel pit entry is that it was basically Vettel that caused the complication.

Lewis was ahead of Vettel who had just got alongside, Neither knew the other was pitting However Lewis did signal to Vettel that he was pitting by pointing Right:
ImageImageImage

I don't think Lewis did anything wrong there as he was basically left with nowhere to go but stay on the line he was on. If anything when Vettel realised Lewis was also pitting he could have pulled in behind Lewis.

I don't think Mclaren did anything wrong releasing Lewis when they did, Vettel had only just got under way & wasn't in the fast lane yet. Also as Lewis said he got a bad exit from his box which maybe made things closer than they otherwise would have been.

Beyond that Lewis should have moved in behind Vettel rather than race him & Vettel shoudn't have moved across to try & squeeze Lewis out the way but even so I think the verbal reprimand was the right way to deal with both drivers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:51 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Guys at Clip The Apex forum counted 70 passes in the race.

After just 4 races this season we already had 156 passes, whole 2009 season had 244 passes 8O

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

we also had a lot of mixed weather during the weekends which always mix up the grid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

McLaren pitradio after the race:

Pit:"Guys just a reminder we're not allowed to touch the drivers during parc ferme."

What? :o

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

da_chris wrote:
the pass was under SC-conditions, but the spanish whiner was already given a drive-through, so they couldn´t give him another one, by the was he drives a Ferrari, so nothing will happen.

I don't think it was. The replay was shown during the SC but the safety car itself was deployed after that happened.

Ferraris had that pit stop on lap 19, Alguersuari was pitting at the same time for inters too being few seconds ahead of the Ferraris. He then had collision on the next lap where he damaged his front wing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 151 52 53 54 55 56 Next