TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 150 51 52 53 5456 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'll say it again: The pit lane is part of the racing track. When Legard asked Brundle if these moves (Ham/Vet, Mas/Alo) were legal Brundle said that its part of the track

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Agreed, but some people forget / ignore that point.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:57 pm 

Rosberg, again a good weekend :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:59 pm 

RtN wrote:
If he gained an advantage at Spa, he gave it back before the end of the start-finish straight. It's not his fault Raikkonen braked 30 metres early for La Source.

as I said, won't start to discuss this again although this argument is wrong in my view. Well, as apparently there isn't anything other than what I said in the rules, than for sure the movement was ilegal and, no matter what, he should have been penalized. Maybe some people will bring that "common sense" bs again but "common sense" is a relative thing, and to apply the rules you gotta be exclusively objective.

Changing to the main factor of the race imo, can someone tell me if there was a better reason than what was shown by FOM to have a SC in that race??? I honestly can't remember a SC in F1 being such a farce like this last one. It seemed to me that the reason was exclusively to vanish the gap the ballsy drivers (Button, Rosberg and Kubica) had over the field. F1 is becoming as artificial as some american series.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:05 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

The only thing wrong is that nobody seems to know for sure if anything anyone did was actually against the rules. I always thought you had to be inside the white lines on pit entry as well as pit exit? Just like I thought you couldn't weave on the straights like Hamilton did in Malaysia. I really don't want to see anyone get penalized but I'd just like to know what is wrong and what is right.

It's a pretty stupid rule regardless but I seriously had no idea whether Vettel/Hamilton/Alonso did anything wrong or not, but I assume they didn't because all 3 of them can't really be that stupid, can they? I mean, it was pretty awesome to see them battling so hard that they were actually making passing attempts on the pit entrance.

On the other hand, Button slowing down the field has been done so many times previous that it was pretty clear it wasn't a penalty. The only thing I thought should have been penalized was the Vettel/Hamilton pitlane incident because both drivers failed to use their heads. I believe they both should have had drive thrus for that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

10. Great race from the beginning to the end.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:13 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

also i find it absolutely fucking hilarious that someone is bitching about a SC when all it did was make the race more exciting. who gives a fuck what it was for, what does it matter if it was for a bug on the track or three cars upside down and on fire? it happened and it was awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:15 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Lasek99 wrote:
also i find it absolutely fucking hilarious that someone is bitching about a SC when all it did was make the race more exciting. who gives a fuck what it was for, what does it matter if it was for a bug on the track or three cars upside down and on fire? it happened and it was awesome.

Seriously. He rated this race a 0 because of it. I understand a 6 for that reason, but 0?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:16 pm 

Lasek99 wrote:

your location explains your point of view.
Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Seriously. He rated this race a 0 because of it. I understand a 6 for that reason, but 0?

Actually, I don't wanna look agressive to you americans but "manipulating the race" isn't something that people outside US are used to. Without that SC I probably would rare it as an 8 but the whole situation after the SC was the result of a fabrication. But we are actually losing time because how someone rates anything is subjective.

Last edited by Artur Craft on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:16 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Only 4 votes for Alonso? He creamed his teammate after making an extra stop plus a stop and go penalty on top of that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:18 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

wow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

See you in the announcements thread.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:25 pm 

Lasek99 wrote:
wow

please, don't get it wrong. It's not my intention to bash americans, but in your racing series, you guys are already used to that kind of artificiality. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So, you're basically saying that by deploying the SC because of debris on the track, they fixed the race?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Artur Craft wrote:
RtN wrote:
If he gained an advantage at Spa, he gave it back before the end of the start-finish straight. It's not his fault Raikkonen braked 30 metres early for La Source.

as I said, won't start to discuss this again although this argument is wrong in my view. Well, as apparently there isn't anything other than what I said in the rules, than for sure the movement was ilegal and, no matter what, he should have been penalized. Maybe some people will bring that "common sense" bs again but "common sense" is a relative thing, and to apply the rules you gotta be exclusively objective.

Changing to the main factor of the race imo, can someone tell me if there was a better reason than what was shown by FOM to have a SC in that race??? I honestly can't remember a SC in F1 being such a farce like this last one. It seemed to me that the reason was exclusively to vanish the gap the ballsy drivers (Button, Rosberg and Kubica) had over the field. F1 is becoming as artificial as some american series.

When there is a piece of debris on the racing line then it isn't unusual to have a SC. (Is Silverstone too long ago in your memory when DC lost his head rest?). Pretty sure there are other examples as well. Still, if we'd rather have tyres blowing out at 200mph after running over debris for the sake of a non-artificial race...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Most things in F1 are artificial. There's nothing new nor surprising about that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

they had to call the SC, with all the spray and the location it would be a kamikaze-action for a marshal to run and bring back the debris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:29 pm 

Artur Craft wrote:
Lasek99 wrote:

Tommy Vercetti wrote:

Actually, I don't wanna look agressive to you americans but "manipulating the race" isn't something that people outside US are used to. Without that SC I probably would rare it as an 8 but the whole situation after the SC was the result of a fabrication. But we are actually losing time because how someone rates anything is subjective.

Seriously...wow...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

does anyone know how I can access the iPlayer so I can watch the F1 Forum outside the UK?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:40 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Artur Craft wrote:

What does that have to do with anything?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 150 51 52 53 5456 Next