TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12093 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1507 508 509 510 511605 Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:54 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Qualifying last of all in Hungary (unless there were mitigating circumstances) probably hasn't helped the team's opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mark Webber told Servus TV last night that he may retire at the end of this season. He will make his decision over the next few weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:32 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

He really is being pushed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:44 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

lol Marko has his way, I dare say he has little choice in the matter. Unless he gets a seat in one of the big 3 id say he would give it up also.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:50 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bloody stupid to force him out now when there's no-one decent to replace him with.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't see why Red Bull would want Webber replaced. They have it almost perfectly - Seb goes and wins the title, Webber is good enough to take points but not good enough to upset Seb and the team get the Constructors title.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:20 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Location: Jenson Button is running in the top 10 in 11th place.
I would have thought Red Bull will want to keep him one more year to prep Ricciardo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think what's going on here is that Horner wants Webber to stay for as long as Webber wishes, Marko wants him to go and Mateschitz doesn't really mind.

With other driver changes, I wouldn't be surprised if Renault gave Senna some races soon. FP1 in Hungary was surely a trial and for PR value, getting him out in Brazil would be good. Heidfeld's a dead man walking at the moment and Grosjean knows from 2009 not to gamble on a late season drive.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Ferrari have been overly kind to Massa because they didn't want to look like dicks after his accident. IMO he's now been given enough time to get himself together, and he just hasn't. Massa has to go.

I don't see di Resta being a Ferrari driver. He's been Mercedes contracted since the dawn of time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I thought bbc or could of been the Australian pre-race crew who said Massa has done enough for a contract for next season coming from the president of the team, was in qualifying or pre-race cant remember now. But if they did kick him i would of thought Webber would get it, Ferrari just want a 2nd driver to support Alonso who can get team points for the constructors championship, which Webber is perfect for that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
I'd rather trust Autosport than some random German media outlet I haven't heard of: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93603

Question is, assuming Massa gets dropped by Ferrari (surely has to happen), who will replace him? Webber won't, obviously, both Sauber drivers were in the running but have re-signed, only viable options I see are Rosberg or Di Resta, maybe even Petrov?

you're forgetting the obvious possibility of one of the Sauber drivers going to Ferrari despite the contract in exchange for free engine's and possibly other benefits.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd love to see Kobayashi in a Ferrari. As average as Massa has been, I can't think of many obvious replacements. Rosberg, Di Resta, Glock, Heikki, Sutil... I'd love to see one of those given a chance in a top car, but very unlikely. (I know Heikki has had the chance before, but he's impressing me a lot this year. :p )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd always hoped Kubica would be the eventual replacement or Massa, but thats definitely not going to happen next year, if at all

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:18 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Scotty wrote:
I'd rather trust Autosport than some random German media outlet I haven't heard of: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93603

Question is, assuming Massa gets dropped by Ferrari (surely has to happen), who will replace him? Webber won't, obviously, both Sauber drivers were in the running but have re-signed, only viable options I see are Rosberg or Di Resta, maybe even Petrov?

Servus TV is Red Bulls own TV channel ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
I'd love to see Kobayashi in a Ferrari. As average as Massa has been, I can't think of many obvious replacements. Rosberg, Di Resta, Glock, Heikki, Sutil... I'd love to see one of those given a chance in a top car, but very unlikely. (I know Heikki has had the chance before, but he's impressing me a lot this year. :p )

I think Glock would be competent in the Renault for example, same with Heikki. My opinion of these two are they are good racers - sort of the Fisichella mould: Great in shit or okay cars, but not good enough in the top cars.

I think Ferrari would promote from within and give Perez the seat and show it off as the first success of the FDA. Bianchi would then go to Sauber. But at this stage, would such a move benefit Ferrari? By 2013 I think yes, but for 2012 it's too soon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:10 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

In a way, whilst just how talented Massa is or probably more to the point was, I wonder if time will turn it into one of those sad stories. A man who was one corner from being world champion, 6 months later was making the best (or at least better than Raikkonen) of a bad car, was hit by an errant spring and was never the same driver again.

If I was a driver though, I'm not sure I want to go against Alonso. With the exception of Hamilton, he is either that good or gets the teams moving in such a direction, that his teammates tend to end up on the scrapheap. Though some of them don't strike me as being the strongest mentally.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Getting rid of Webber would be stupid unless the replacement is Kobayashi given Perez and Di Resta are only half way through rookie years as good as they have been and the only other viable option is Adrian Sutil. I think both Buemi and Alguersuari deserve another season at STR but one of them is going to be unceremoniously dumped for Ricciardo despite both of them racing pretty damn well throughout this season despite some subpar qualifying efforts. If Ricciardo doesn't meet expectations they'll just dump him for Vergne and so on and so forth.

Agree with ellis that Ferrari have been too kind to Massa. His performances have been so far off the other guys in the top five let alone Alonso how he is potentially getting an extension or whatever into 2012 is confusing. Ferrari should be just off Mclaren in the constructors not some 60-70 points behind. Looking at the grid I can't see anyone bothering Alonso much just like how the majority of the time Vettel and Lewis have nothing to worry about from their teammates.

Only difference is whilst Jenson has his strenghts and can be relied upon to pick up the peices when Lewis has a brainfade, and Mark is generally there or thereabouts with the other front runners even if half a second off Seb or getting pole and fluffing it. Massa far too often finishes half a minute or more off Alonso. I mean Alonso drove his worst race since Britain 2010 last weekend and Massa was still half a minute off him when in reality he should have been beating him to the final podium spot. Terrible Ferrari pitstops for both of them or not.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:55 am 

Scotty wrote:

MSC :flag:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aren't there any talented (young) Italian drivers out there that could have a shot at Ferrari?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

When was the last time Ferrari has brought a rookie into one of their seats?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12093 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1507 508 509 510 511605 Next