TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 149 50 51 52 5356 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:50 pm 

All the excitement this race had was destroyed by that manipulated SC imo. Race stewards, or whoever, really does everything they can to benefit Hamilton. Was very pleasing to see that "ugly duck" Button was faster than Hamilton when they were close in the end and both had new intermdiates, so no excuse for Hamilton. Atm, Button seems quicker both in qualifying and race pace but he doesn't do tones of overtakes, so the fanboys don't praise him as much they do to Hamilton.

Webber was one position ahead of Hamilton when they invented that farce of SC, and afaik, by the rules, the drivers can't overtake the car ahead untill the finnish line and, from what I could see, Hamilton forced Webber out so he could argue that he couldn't wait Webber come back to then overtake him. Not even Schumacher cheated so oftenly as Hamilton.

Once again Kubica does a fantastic race taking that yellow/black dog to solid points and without the manipulation it would have been 3rd place for sure. Due to the fact that you don't see Kubica overtaking, many people underated him, but with that Reno he can't pass others only, at best, avoid been overtaken. Plus, you very rarely see Kubica put a single tyre out of the track.

Sutil is becoming a very solid driver and will go to a big team soon imo. Alguersuari did a good race despite his inumerous pit stops. Vettel is much quicker on qualifying pace but doesn't have Hamilton's ability to overtake.

And to finnish my 2 cents, so far this season, Schumacher has been the 2010 Badoer imo.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Petrov for battling with the big guns and showing that he is more than just a paydriver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:55 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Artur Craft wrote:

Webber was one position ahead of Hamilton when they invented that farce of SC, and afaik, by the rules, the drivers can't overtake the car ahead untill the finnish line and, from what I could see, Hamilton forced Webber out so he could argue that he couldn't wait Webber come back to then overtake him. Not even Schumacher cheated so oftenly as Hamilton.

despite the massive headache the rest of the post gave me, this is wrong. Since this year they're allowed to pass after the Safety Car Line, which was shortly before the pit entry afaik

Quote:
when the safety car is returning to the pits it may be overtaken by cars on the track once it has crossed the first safety car line

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Artur Craft wrote:
Race stewards, or whoever, really does everything they can to benefit Hamilton.
This.
Artur Craft wrote:
And to finnish my 2 cents, so far this season, Schumacher has been the 2010 Badoer imo.
And This.

:yuk:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:00 pm 

Well, reading into the forum is not surprising seeing most people defending Hamilton as they did in Spa, last race and etc etc etc

People get carried aways by his agressive style and overtakes and tends to be complacent with everything he does.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:00 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Artur Craft wrote:
no matter how entertaining this race was, that SC was a complete fucking farce.

ZERO

So one NASCAR-esque caution ruined the entire race for you?

7. Fell asleep during the final laps.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Artur Craft wrote:
no matter how entertaining this race was, that SC was a complete fucking farce.

ZERO

Lol wut. So yeah, that was a bit contentious but 0, seriously, you thought that race was worse than Bahrain or Valencia 2008?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:03 pm 

Hamilton for passing cars left and right.

Petrov and Button gets an honorable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:04 pm 

Mattzel89 wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:

despite the massive headache the rest of the post gave me, this is wrong. Since this year they're allowed to pass after the Safety Car Line, which was shortly before the pit entry afaik

Quote:
when the safety car is returning to the pits it may be overtaken by cars on the track once it has crossed the first safety car line

Oops, sorry. So, apparently this time it wasn't a punish worthy. The headche you had is predictable(I suspect it mainly happened in what regarded ButtonXHamilton) as you really is a fan of Hamilton, but despite what anyone thinks, the facts on track support what I said and I'm saying this in a nice and friendly way. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:06 pm 
9/10. And once again the pole position didn't won the race. What a difference from previous seasons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Artur Craft wrote:

Oh lordy

Artur Craft wrote:

yeah, cos Schumacher is running 1.5s off the back of the grid and crashing into anything that moves (or doesn't move)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm glad the FIA installed the ex drivers as stewards. Way more sensible punishments nowadays.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:15 pm 

Raikkon wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
This.
Artur Craft wrote:
And This.

:yuk:

When I saw Hamilton overtaking a lot of cars(with the help of the F-system also) I thought to myself, "the race directors will send a SC due to the minimum thing that happen on track to put Hamilton in a position to fight for the win", but they didn't thought that Button would be quicker.

About Schumi, of course he hasn't been as slow as Badoer was, but Luca didn't have the all the winter testings to adapt a bit more to the car and was away from F1 much longer, not to mention that Badoer was already an average driver even on his peaks. What I really wanted to say is: Considering Michael's comeback has been in a better situation, he's doing a Badoer-like season to some extent imo. And look, I'm a big fan of Schummy, he still is my favourite driver.

Last edited by Artur Craft on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Artur Craft wrote:
Well, reading into the forum is not surprising seeing most people defending Hamilton as they did in Spa, last race and etc etc etc

People get carried aways by his agressive style and overtakes and tends to be complacent with everything he does.

He did nothing wrong at Spa. He exploited a loophole in the rules at Malaysia which others also exploited and has since been closed. And he did nothing wrong today.

Why is it that so many people hate others who are successful?

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

no mater if Hamilton his pitlane-entering-actions where legal or not, the FIA should make a clear rule about if they can do those things

from my opinion it's dangerous because most of the entries are too small for 2 cars to fight

and nobody knows what the consequences are, one time the FIA gives a penalty, the other time they don't, with a clear rule everyone would know where they are

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I've mentioned elsewhere in this thread that from Hamilton's onboard you can see he indicated to Seb he was going for the pits. Alonso on the other hand just divebombed Massa when they entered the pits yet that has barely got a mention here...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shaddix wrote:
no mater if Hamilton his pitlane-entering-actions where legal or not, the FIA should make a clear rule about if they can do those things

from my opinion it's dangerous because most of the entries are too small for 2 cars to fight

and nobody knows what the consequences are, one time the FIA gives a penalty, the other time they don't, with a clear rule everyone would know where they are

There have been worse incidents throughout the years in the pitlane. Its not like the cars of today are more dangerous in the pits; the cars are travelling the same speed through the pits today as they did ten years ago (maybe slower now; I don't know the speed limits back then off by hand).

I don't see why theres all of a sudden a fuss about safety. The pitlane is by default a dangerous place.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:35 pm 

RtN wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:

He did nothing wrong at Spa. He exploited a loophole in the rules at Malaysia which others also exploited and has since been closed. And he did nothing wrong today.

oh my gosh. Won't even start to discuss the underlined part again. About the loophole in the rules in Malaysia, aren't the drivers supposed to only make one move once the guy behind is really close on the slipstream? Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else but I remember reading you saying that he should've been penalized because the rules were pretty objective in that matter. If it indeed was you who said that, and you changed your position, maybe there is something in the rule that I'm not aware(which is very likely in my case) that allowed him to do that weaving, can you inform me, please? About today, Mattzel already made clear it clear, I had a wrong or outdated information about what the rules stipulated in that matter.

ps: I don't hate any driver, my opinions are emotionless. ;) For instance, I didn't see any problem at all in any of Hamilton's pit stops.

Last edited by Artur Craft on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm talking about overtaking on the pit entry

Massa for example had no where to go if he didn't want to collide with Alonso

if those things are allowed, it's ok for me, but I just don't wish to see the stewards giving penalties for it in Barcelona while it was ok in China
all I'm talking about is that FIA should have consistent decisions for these kind of incidents

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Artur Craft wrote:
RtN wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:

oh my gosh. Won't even start to discuss the underlined part again. About the loophole in the rules in Malaysia, aren't the drivers supposed to only make one move once the guy behind is really close on the slipstream? Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else but I remember reading you saying that he should've been penalized because the rules were pretty objective in that matter. If it indeed was you who said that, and you changed your position, maybe there is something in the rule that I'm not aware(which is very likely in my case) that allowed him to do that weaving, can you inform me, please? About today, Mattzel already made clear it clear, I had a wrong or outdated information about what the rules stipulated in that matter.

If he gained an advantage at Spa, he gave it back before the end of the start-finish straight. It's not his fault Raikkonen braked 30 metres early for La Source.

I may I have said something about Malaysia, I can't remember. I was originally in favour of a penalty. However, having read the stewards' justification for their decision, I am satisfied that no further action was necessary.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 149 50 51 52 5356 Next