TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5914 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1292 293 294 295 296
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:14 pm 
The most anticipated member

Fish88 wrote:
USF1 opened an Youtube channel, with an interesting video showing some progress.

http://www.youtube.com/user/USF1Team

Finally they showed something! I was starting to get afraid that they would build the car with 2 or 3 weeks remaining for the first GP. Now they just need to confirm the drivers and that's it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:07 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Is there something news about KERS in 2010? Will teams use it, or have they still an agreement to race without KERS?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No KERS in 2010

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:09 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

No KERS in 2010, perhaps a standard one in 2011. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

As far as Im aware KERS isn't actually banned, the teams just agreed amongst themselfs not to run it. I think its a shame that they opted not to run it as with less restrictions in power output & length of use per lap I think KERS could really be a plus for the racing.

I think this year we did see some nice racing & overtaking thanks to KERS. The Webber/Hamilton battle at Sepang comes to mind, Lewis passing Mark on the straghts thanks to KERS but Mark re-passing Lewis in the turns. KERS prolonged that little battle a lap or 2 where without KERS it would have been a simple overtake with Mark then going into the distance. Lewis also used KERS to pass a lot of cars at Melbourne & to pass Webber at Hungary.

At the start of this year I saw KERS as nothing but a gimmick that had no place in F1, But as the year went on & I saw KERS in action I started to like it & see the benefits.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Asmer wrote:
Tamburello94 wrote:

Yes

Aha, that's my rip! Nice to see people enjoying it still.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:40 am 

StefMeister wrote:
As far as Im aware KERS isn't actually banned, the teams just agreed amongst themselfs not to run it. I think its a shame that they opted not to run it as with less restrictions in power output & length of use per lap I think KERS could really be a plus for the racing.

I think this year we did see some nice racing & overtaking thanks to KERS. The Webber/Hamilton battle at Sepang comes to mind, Lewis passing Mark on the straghts thanks to KERS but Mark re-passing Lewis in the turns. KERS prolonged that little battle a lap or 2 where without KERS it would have been a simple overtake with Mark then going into the distance. Lewis also used KERS to pass a lot of cars at Melbourne & to pass Webber at Hungary.

At the start of this year I saw KERS as nothing but a gimmick that had no place in F1, But as the year went on & I saw KERS in action I started to like it & see the benefits.

It has been good in that sense, where the following car has KERS and the car in front doesn't it has definitely improved overtaking in those situations. But it was frustrating when it was the other way around and the car in front had KERS and the car following did not...which made overtaking near impossible like Fisi v Kimi at Spa.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:20 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Raikkonen was slower than Fisichella on outright pace and even Fisi said it was impossible.

KERS needs to be more like A1GP's power boost, with a certain number of presses for several seconds.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:21 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I dont like kers, and if everyone has kers i very much doubt it will produce more ovetaking. If your going to have a boost i think it should be like what mclaren2008 said, say all drivers get 10 boosts, and they decide when to use them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:43 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Scirocco wrote:
I dont like kers, and if everyone has kers i very much doubt it will produce more ovetaking. If your going to have a boost i think it should be like what mclaren2008 said, say all drivers get 10 boosts, and they decide when to use them.

Exactly. As Red bull said, there is specific places on the track which give a better advantage from KERS. Everybody knows where these are. So the result would be that everybody uses KERS in the same place and then we're back to square 1.

Remove it. Get rid of the extra cost and reliability issues.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:45 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=39720
Todt launches 'green' crusade.
I wonder if Branson is trying to sell his BioDiesel to the FIA something tells me there is more to the story than saving the environment.
Kers was supposed to be the first step in green technology, BioDiesel probably is the way to go but who wants to see quiet french fry smelling cars?
I'm sure the oil companies would be driven out of the sport and thier money would be missed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scarsurfing wrote:
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=39720
Todt launches 'green' crusade.
I wonder if Branson is trying to sell his BioDiesel to the FIA something tells me there is more to the story than saving the environment.
Kers was supposed to be the first step in green technology, BioDiesel probably is the way to go but who wants to see quiet french fry smelling cars?
I'm sure the oil companies would be driven out of the sport and thier money would be missed.

Uh, me. And we can replace the oil companies with the tobacco sponsors. They had tons more character and looked better on the cars anyway.

Post subject: Re: 2009 F1 Pick 8's
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sorry for the bump, but are we doing this again for 2010?

Post subject: Re: 2009 F1 Pick 8's
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not hosting, as I said. Hopefully someone can do it instead. :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5914 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1292 293 294 295 296