Jean Todt 13%  13%  [ 19 ]
Total votes: 148
 Post subject: Re: Vatanen vs Todt
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:02 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

ellis wrote:
Magnifico wrote:
People need a reality check here. Todt proposal's have all been well thought out and sound. Vatanen was crying change with no real substance to his arguments. The policies are generally similar but a few key issues Todt had a much clearer idea of what the FIA needs.

But go on knee jerk reactions. I don't think Todt's previous Ferrari ties will be an issue. Afterall Ferrari are in the FIA's bad books at the minute neither do I think Mosley will have any influence on him.

It isn't his link to Ferrari that a lot are worried about. It his how he has handled things whilst at Ferrari. He constantly proved he is one of the most corrupt men in the sport. Why should we suddenly believe what he says now?

I would be giving the same reaction if Ron Dennis was getting the job. I don't care what team he worked for, I care what he has done and how he has handled situations in the past.

+1.

what worries me as well is the fact that him and Moseley always seemed to somehow completely agree on all issues. As soon as he left ferrari, they started to magically disagree with the FIA on plenty of issues.

I see Todt as being nothing more than Moseleys puppet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Would rather have Mosley back tbh.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Since he won the election I figured I'd post James Allen's Run-Down of Todt's proposals:

Quote:
Todt is standing on a ticket which emphasises ‘teamwork’ – which is what he was known for as a leader of the Ferrari F1 team during the most successful period in its history.

He is the one who would carry things on as they are, albeit with some changes of emphasis, such as the introduction of an F1 commissioner to run the sport from the FIA side.

He would distance himself from the sport and take a more statesmanlike approach to the role.

He has a very solid group around him and a strong roster of vice-presidents.

His policy agenda calls for the FIA to make motor sport safe and sustainable and has a strong green agenda.

He wants to use motor sport as a catalyst for a culture change in automotive technology.

He has devoted considerable effort along with his wife, the actress Michelle Yeoh, to the FIA’s Make Roads Safe campaign.

Todt’s policy document is careful to push all the right buttons with FIA constituents and to calm some concerns, particularly among F1 teams and promoters.

It wants the FIA to display “greater transparency and communication” and says that “the FIA must continue to adapt and change”. There is a need to “reform our organisation and improve the governance system”.

Todt sums up his approach to his candidacy thus: “Above all we need teamwork and cooperation.

“The FIA is a highly complex organisation combining roles as both the world’s motor sport governing body and global mobility alliance.

“To realise its full potential it is clear to us that the FIA must work together as a team, with its leadership and World Councils collaborating closely with its secretariat, its global club membership and its sister organisations.”

There is concern that Todt’s history with Ferrari might cause him to struggle to be impartial, but relations with Luca di Montezemolo were not at their most cordial when Todt left Ferrari and it cannot be assumed that he would favour Ferrari, beyond acknowledging their undoubted importance as a leading attraction of F1.

Also an AutoSport Q&A with Todt:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79675

Quote:
Here are their full unedited answers.

1. If elected president, what will be your first act in power?

Jean TodtJean Todt: To thank the members of the FIA for their trust and support and begin the task of healing divisions created by some of the negative aspects of the election campaign.

2. What are your qualities that will make you a worthy FIA president?

JT: Strong leadership, teamwork, passion, loyalty and a total commitment to deliver on our policy priorities.

3. What do you consider to be the biggest challenges that the FIA faces during the next four years?

JT: We still face a difficult global economic situation and are challenged by issues such as CO2 emissions reduction and its impact on both motor sport and mobility. In developing countries there is a dramatic growth in vehicle ownership and this brings road safety and environmental challenges which must be addressed. Within the FIA we need to improve the synergies between mobility and sport.

4. At the forthcoming UN climate change conference in Copenhagen, governments around the world will face decisions to make significant reductions in CO2 emissions. What can the FIA do to improve motor sport's environmental credentials and ensure its long-term sustainability in the face of ever tougher 'green' regulations?

JT: The environment is a policy priority for our clubs, our sport and the entire automotive industry. The FIA and its membership have taken a leadership role on sustainability initiatives. Working closely with all the stakeholders, motor sport can set an important green agenda for the future. I will seek to encourage and enhance this approach.

More than ten years ago the FIA initiated an innovative carbon offset programme based on the emissions from F1 and WRC. More recently the Make Cars Green policy declaration and campaign have been supported by mobility and motor sport clubs throughout the world as well as drivers and teams in all the major world championships.

Through the new FIA commission for sustainability, through an expanded environmental remit for the FIA Institute and through technical working groups which include input from teams and manufacturers on socially relevant technologies we can help shape a greener future for our sport.

5. In recent years Formula 1 has attracted widespread publicity for scandals such as spying and race fixing, what will you do as president of the FIA to get the attention turned back to the on-track action?

JT: Controversy is often an unfortunate but inevitable consequence of the enormous global media and public interest in Formula 1.

My team's approach will be based on consensus not confrontation. We will make the best use of the F1 Commission and will appoint a new F1 Commissioner to work with all the stakeholders in the F1 Championship. We want to further develop F1 so that it benefits all those involved, from teams to fans. As the regulator of a hugely competitive and technically complex sport we will also establish an independent disciplinary panel to investigate breaches of the rules and to recommend the most appropriate response.

6. How can the FIA reconcile the desire to take motor sport into new markets while at the same time ensuring the traditional fan base does not miss out?

JT: We must recognise the importance of both the global reach of our sport to new markets as well as its heritage and traditional venues. We feel confident that we can, with the support of the teams, the promoters and the commercial rights holder, find the right balance.

7. Are there any changes that you feel are needed in the structure of the FIA in order for it to operate more effectively in all areas, from running world motorsport to global mobility?

JT: We have made a number of detailed proposals which we have set out in our policy agenda. These encompass the governance and statutes of the FIA as well as specific proposals for our mobility and motor sport activities. It is important that sport and mobility support each other and work together where they can. During the past 3 months of the campaign we have opened a dialogue with clubs all over the world and we need to keep this communication channel open so that the clubs, who are the FIA, have a real say in its future. In particular we want to give the regions greater input into the way the FIA operates and the priorities it sets and this means regular consultation. We will introduce constructive changes to the FIA whilst striving to unite its membership.

8. Outgoing president Max Mosley was in power for 16 years, what lessons can be learned from the way he ran motor sport?

JT: The FIA has achieved a great deal under Max Mosley's leadership. There have been huge improvements in the safety of the sport through a sustained focus on research, technology and developing new regulations. The lesson must be that you can achieve a great deal if you have the determination and are willing to put in the hard work. Having said that, Max has his style and I have mine.

9. In one word sum up your style of presidency?

JT: Teamwork.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Apparently Todt won 135 votes, Vatanen 49 with 12 abstentions.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:59 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

FordTeamRS wrote:
Shit, tits, crap, hell, damn, blast, bloody, hecking, penis enlargement, gay urges, ADHD, cancer, megalomania, evil, wanting to sing along to Britney Spears, grammar bad, repetition, spazism, rickets, repetition, mongoloidism, anal contractions, indigestion, cuboidism, the inibity two spel, gimboidism, an urge to kill all the Jews, the ability to fly upside-down, Alzheimer's, the plague, the hatred of light, wonky walking, satanism, horse-lovin, vampirism, chickenpox, catholicism, spontaneous masturbation, racism, whatever the hell is wrong with Stephen Hawking, sexism,EXCESSIVE LOLLING, the love of techno music, Nazism, paedophilia, contradictory-ness, paedophobia, supernumerical testicles, hypothermia, vin Diesel-ism, floppy ball-sack syndrome, leprosy, heterosexuality, schizophrenia, blindness, scrotal bleeding, the love of long lists, twatism, cirrhosis of the liver, alcoholism, colour blindness, dental plaque, cystic fibrosis, bad-ass driving skills, the illusion of space, time travel, sexual magnetism, actual magnetism, cool martial arts abilities, the love of wotsits, diahorrea, dementia, earthquakes, domestic violence, gastrointestinal haemorrhaging, unemployment, lesbianism, kitten huffing, poor job prospects, baldness, the worst disease you can think of - yeah that one, penal hypersensitivity, sleepiness, pulmonary anthrax, spontaneous combustion, pre-planned combustion, meningitis, the inability to divide, oral skills - you know what I mean, poly-penis disease, the gift of lying convincingly, polio, rastafarianism, rape, rectal disfunction, alliteration, Mourinho to be a complete twat, limbal spasms, vertigo, gonorrhea-ing hell.

Ed: :flag:

you forgot pot and heroin addiction

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Congratulations Jean! I'm quite pleased with this result :) Ofcourse its too soon to tell whether it was the right one or not, but I'm optimistic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:19 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

That's bloody awful. :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:41 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Great. I prefer Todt. He is a great leader and have experience. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:20 pm 

Anyone notice that the people who are backing Todt have Schumacher on their profile picture?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:13 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Bigal87 wrote:
Anyone notice that the people who are backing Todt have Schumacher on their profile picture?

CONSPIRACY :8:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:16 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Bigal87 wrote:

Is that so strange? Todt have achieved a lot with Ferrari. And also in Rally and 24h of Le Mans. He is a succesfull leader. I think he can do a lot of things for the autosport. Vatanen had some nice words, but he have no experience.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
Magnifico wrote:
People need a reality check here. Todt proposal's have all been well thought out and sound. Vatanen was crying change with no real substance to his arguments. The policies are generally similar but a few key issues Todt had a much clearer idea of what the FIA needs.

But go on knee jerk reactions. I don't think Todt's previous Ferrari ties will be an issue. Afterall Ferrari are in the FIA's bad books at the minute neither do I think Mosley will have any influence on him.

It isn't his link to Ferrari that a lot are worried about. It his how he has handled things whilst at Ferrari. He constantly proved he is one of the most corrupt men in the sport. Why should we suddenly believe what he says now?

I'm not sure I see that as a reason of worry. Cause the thing is, he had different motivations backing his decision in his Ferrari days. Its going to be a different objective for him now. If anything I see that as a positive. Because from what I've heard, he has a very effective management style, which at the end of the day - simply gets the job done.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bigal87 wrote:

Hey! You forgot about me! :wave: :flag: :8:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:03 am 

I honestly don't give a rat's tossbag. :flag:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:08 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Well it would have been strange to have an FIA president who we didn't all hate before he went into office and then got progressively worse the longer he stayed there, so I'm not suprised to see evil triumph over good once more....

Congrats Jean, now you've got what you always craved, absolute power. I don't give him long before he starts pushing the limits of what is acceptable just like he did at Ferrari...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scotty wrote:
I support Todt and i can't fucking stand Ferrari :flag:

this :flag:

but hey let people support Vatanen despite his policies being utter rubbish :flag:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
Well it would have been strange to have an FIA president who we didn't all hate before he went into office and then got progressively worse the longer he stayed there, so I'm not suprised to see evil triumph over good once more....

Congrats Jean, now you've got what you always craved, absolute power. I don't give him long before he starts pushing the limits of what is acceptable just like he did at Ferrari...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion