TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 2034 Next
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:56 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

In one week I will finally be on the track! =) Can't wait!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:45 pm 

i´m also there, beening also there as a marshall. my post will be post 68 (hatzenbach, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5mY3npgrPE )
hope to be there at wednesday morning ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:03 pm 

Of course you can also stop by at Schwalbenschwanz for a beer or two if you have some time off.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone there with a good camera?..

please get a couple of my mate in the Ason Martin V8!

Quote:
Gaydon, 11 May 2012 – For the seventh successive year, Aston Martin will compete in the ADAC Zurich Nürburgring 24 Hours (19/20 May) as a total of eight Vantage racers gear up for the endurance epic. The marque will field its most ambitious entry to date with four official Aston Martins – including a pair of V12-powered Vantage GT3s – supported by a further four customer cars.

In excess of 170 cars will start the fearsome 24-hour race, which runs on the daunting 25km circuit that combines the legendary Nordschleife with the modern Grand Prix track. Having focused its efforts in previous years on near production-specification cars since its 2006 Nürburgring 24 Hour debut, Aston Martin will, for the first time, be represented in the senior SP9 category for FIA-homologated GT3 cars. The pair of V12 Vantage GT3s will be run in association with long-standing official partner team, Young Driver AMR.

The lead Vantage GT3, carrying the iconic #007 designation, will be driven by Johannes and Ferdinand Stuck (A) – sons of triple Nürburgring 24 Hour winner Hans-Joachim Stuck – alongside Dennis Rostek (D) and Aston Martin Racing factory driver Darren Turner (GB). Turner’s regular works team-mate, Stefan Mücke, will drive the #006 car with Tomas Enge (CZ), Fredy Barth (CH) and Oliver Mathai (D).

In addition, Aston Martin’s engineering department will return with the spectacular V12 Zagato concept car that made its Nürburgring 24 Hour debut in 2011. Targeting another successful race finish will be Aston Martin Chief Executive Dr Ulrich Bez (D), Chief Engineer Chris Porritt (GB), Aston Martin Nürburgring Test Centre Director Wolfgang Schuhbauer (D) and renowned motoring journalist and racer Richard Meaden (GB).

Ahead of the race, Dr Bez said: “Our 100 per cent finishing record in thirteen starts in one of the world’s toughest endurance races is remarkable; truly a testament to the reliability of our cars and the efforts of our people. In the past six years we have deliberately focused on racing close-to-production cars, achieving seven class podiums and three class wins. For 2012, I am delighted to be returning again to drive our V12 Zagato with my engineering team, but also to have such an exciting step up with the V12 Vantage GT3s.”

The fourth official entry will be a V8-powered Vantage run by Aston Martin’s Nürburgring Test Centre team and driven by Jurgen Stumpf (D), Australians Mal Rose and Rob Thomson, and Peter Cate (GB). Aston Martin will be represented by four further customer outfits, including Team Mathol Racing, winners of the SP10 class for GT4 cars in 2010.

David King, Aston Martin’s Head of Motorsport, said: “The Nürburgring 24 Hour race is the most important 24-hour race in the world for GT cars. The quality of the entry in the GT3 class and throughout the field is truly impressive. It is a hugely important step for us to be challenging in the SP9 class, with a top class partner team and a fine driver line up. The V12 Vantage GT3 has a direct line to our V12 Vantage road car, sharing the same chassis and base engine, and I know all the fans will love to see and hear these cars hopefully running near the front of the pack.”

John Gaw, Aston Martin Racing Team Principal, added: “2012 is a development season for the new V12 Vantage GT3 and the Young Driver AMR team are being closely supported by Aston Martin Racing to tune the car to the unique demands of the Nordschleife. We see this as the first step in a longer term plan to challenge for race victory at the Nürburgring in future years, but we are already greatly encouraged by the performance of the car in recent four hour VLN races here.”

Young Driver AMR Team Principal, Hardy Fischer, concluded: “It is an honour and also a big challenge for my team to be representing Aston Martin at this great event; it is something we have wanted to do for a long time. The racing and working conditions are unique – for the cars, the drivers and the team – it takes some getting used to, but we are ready for the challenge.”

The 40th ADAC Zurich Nürburgring 24 Hours starts at 1600hrs CET on Saturday, 19 May. Keep up to date with Aston Martin’s progress on the official website at www.astonmartin.com/racing, or on its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/astonmartinracing and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/amr_official.

Fans can follow the race live via Radio Le Mans at www.radiolemans.com, which will broadcast for the duration of the 24 hours.

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:00 pm 

Meanwhile at Nürburgring...

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:02 pm 

@Eddi: What number? I have just a small camera, but maybe i can get some shots.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beezle wrote:
@Eddi: What number? I have just a small camera, but maybe i can get some shots.

Car #85 Aston Martin V8.. can anyone please get some pics!

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:41 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

oh yes

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm assuming there's going to be a live stream of this race as usual?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://www.vln.de/tv/

Here maybe.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mattzel89 wrote:

oh yes

Why not ALMS... :(

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:41 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Gaara wrote:
http://www.vln.de/tv/

Here maybe.

Hopefully! I also hope there will be a stream for the support races (Porsche/Dutch Clio Cup/Clio Cup Bohemia).. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

To answer my own question, it should be streamed here too: http://www.24h-rennen.de/Live.94.0.html?&L=1

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:48 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Can't wait for the Saturday evening Radio Le Mans conversations combined with the regular fixed s/f straight cam :p

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:49 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow just to keep my story short, instead of being dissapointed that of our group I would be the only one who had to cancel his trip to the 24 this year, I can now tell you I just had the green light of my o-so-lovely wife to leave tomorrow evening so I can be there at around 2am on saturday.

We have been in a period where we both had to go to the hospital (only way for us to get a child) many times the last 7 weeks and for her its been a very rough time and it looked we would get the results around this weekend. So I decided not to leave her alone because our wish to have a child is bigger than anything. But everything took a little longer than they thought it would so results won't be here before next weekend.

The other 3 guys left on wednesday and being there on tuesday evening I came with the idea to drive over only for the weekend. At first my wife wasn't that happy with the idea but after doing some things in and around our house se just told me I have the green light! :flag:

We're staying at the "camping am Nurburgring" right next to the Dunlop Kurve. It's my first time ever at the Ring and I'm sooooo excited! Going to take my camera with me to take some of my best shots ever I believe. Gonna try to catch that Aston for you Eddi ;)

Now of to bed to get some sleep, gonna be a long day tomorrow wich will end for me in the "Grune Hölle".

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:16 pm 

Have a great weekend, Gallie! I also had the plans to go this year, but i won't happen... maybe next year!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:47 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

What time is the start? 1500 or 1600?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:48 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Porsche Carrera World Cup Stream

http://www.porsche.com/all/motorsport/p ... stream.htm

race starts in about 40 minutes

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:56 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Mattzel89 wrote:
Porsche Carrera World Cup Stream

Isn't it just the german Carrera Cup? There are just 24 cars. Last year there were about 100 cars for the world cup...

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:13 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

oops you're right, it's just the german Carrera Cup. But they're filling the field with Mini's and Clio's !

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 2034 Next