TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5728 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8287 Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:09 pm 

Autosport.com/news wrote:
Audi confirms unchanged line-up

By Steven English - Tuesday, February 17th 2009, 10:29 GMT

Audi has confirmed that it will retain an unchanged works driver roster in the DTM this season, with Mattias Ekstrom, Tom Kristensen, Timo Scheider and Martin Tomczyk filling the four new A4s for the third consecutive season.

The only change to the manufacturer's line-up is Briton Katherine Legge's promotion from a two-year-old TME car to a one-year-old Abt-run car.

"The opportunity that I have been given this year is the best one I have ever had in my career," said the former Champ Car racer. "Driving for Abt is the best possible situation for me.

"I have no excuses being with a team like Abt this year, having such experienced team mates and the added bonus of a 2008 car. I'm really excited and motivated about the forthcoming season."

In the other year-old A4s, Mike Rockenfeller and Markus Winkelhock continue with Team Rosberg, and Oliver Jarvis and Alexandre Premat with Team Phoenix.

Audi motorsport boss Dr Wolfgang Ullrich believes they can secure a third successive DTM title in 2009.

"2008 was the most successful year in the motorsport history of Audi AG," he said. "The drivers were a major factor in this, which is why we saw no reason to change anything.

"With our proven driving squad, I believe that we are well-placed to achieve (a third straight championship). However, it's perfectly clear to us that the challenge is even greater than last year and that the field could well be even closer."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Excellent news :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:54 pm 

Yes good to hear Kristensen continues this season :D I hope this season will be better for him then the last one...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Legge gets promoted and Albers doesn't? What kind of shit is that? Or is Albers not doing DTM? :o

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hasn't there been Rumours of Albers going to ALMS?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

who cares about Albers , he sux

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:32 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Albers is running in LMS.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:16 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Cool to see Oli Jarvis back. He always qualified good but got roughed up on the starts usually.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:30 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

people might say what they want about Albers, but I completely changed my opinion on him after what I've seen last year. That guy still has a rather big fanbase in the Netherlands, and instead of actually ignoring them like many drivers do these days (also in DTM), he just got out there and took a lot of time for them. Answered questions, signed autographs, did photos, he even gave away some tickets for the PitLane.

I used to think that he's some kind of arrogant asshole, well, looks like I was wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mattzel89 wrote:
people might say what they want about Albers, but I completely changed my opinion on him after what I've seen last year. That guy still has a rather big fanbase in the Netherlands, and instead of actually ignoring them like many drivers do these days (also in DTM), he just got out there and took a lot of time for them. Answered questions, signed autographs, did photos, he even gave away some tickets for the PitLane.

I used to think that he's some kind of arrogant asshole, well, looks like I was wrong.

Yea many people think that, which is a shame because hes one of the cool guys in motorsports. Also another reason why im a fan.

Thanks to the man for the info on albers for 09.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:47 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Mattzel89 wrote:

almost the same here. I've never like him but I met him last year, too and he was very very friendly. Signed autographes and was kidding around with his fans.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:23 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Well Tiago Monteiro used to say he was quite an arrogant pain in the ass to work with.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mattzel89 wrote:

When I visited F1 in Hockenheim Albers was the only driver in the pitlane during the pitwalk on thursday, he signed autographs and letting pictures taken with fans. And he's a pretty good driver, he almost won the DTM title and that's a hard one to win.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

noikeee wrote:
Well Tiago Monteiro used to say he was quite an arrogant pain in the ass to work with.

Maybe he was fustraited that Albers was beating him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:04 pm 

The article on the top does not mention the private team TME of Colin Kolles (formerly Force India), where Legge was last year. One of the new drivers is Danish driver Christian Bakkerud, who is also part of the team's LMS and Le Mans 24h campaign. The other one is still vacant or unconfirmed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:07 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Well, since Button and Barrichello are very likely to drive for Honda in F1, what about Senna. Rumors say that he might be given a drive for Mercedes in DTM.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3173

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

albers is only sucking up to his fans because he desperatly needs them to like him to attract sponsors.
He really isnt popular over here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:22 pm 

just 60 days to go :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:18 pm 
Rumours that Lauda and Di Resta are to leave DTM. This will make way for Senna and Mercedes to reduce their cars to 8 from 9.

Lauda to FIA-GT and Di Resta to GP2.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3231

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:36 pm 
Motors TV won't broadcast DTM.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5728 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8287 Next