TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1513 posts ]  Go to page Previous 172 73 74 75 76
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coyotekart1 wrote:
Raikkon wrote:
The accident was caused by the slowing down car of Huter-Reay as he ran out of fuel... but he was not alone; Franchitti, Lloyd and Marco have also been reported to be running on fumes; there are most probably many others.

I wonder how they will prevent this kind of incident in the future. I guess it could be pretty easily done by introducing a minimum end-of-race fuel amount that must be within the tank of each car.

Im sorry but that idea of a minimum amount of fuel at the end of the race is dumb. They already have a minimum weight requirement. These accidents have happend before in the middle of a fuel run, its just part of it.

Well, this suggestion has now been made: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84114

I don't think it's dumb. Pretty smart if you ask me. Minimum fuel in the tank is not a new idea, and if it prevents cars running out of fuel and going slow on the track, then it sounds like a good idea.

The only downside is that if fuel saving again becomes an issue (no doubt it will), potentially teams would gamble on having enough in the tank meaning potential disqualifications may become more likely. Then again, its not too dissimilar to other post race checks like ride height, restrictor, airbox imperforations etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:42 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

We've had a whole bunch of accidents where cars flew that didn't need low fuel situations to cause it.

Knee jerk reactions suck.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm sorry, but that's just fucking retarded. The sanctioning body should not be stipulating how much fuel needs to be in the tank at the end of a race. Next thing will be you need to have X amount of rubber left on your tires. This was a racing accident, pure and simple. Every time people see something really horrible the immediate reaction is "OH GOD WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, THAT CAN'T HAPPEN!!!" Shit happens, this is racing, deal with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
We've had a whole bunch of accidents where cars flew that didn't need low fuel situations to cause it.

Well obviously, yes. But this is just one way of decreasing some incidents. One step at a time..

westracing01 wrote:
I'm sorry, but that's just fucking retarded. The sanctioning body should not be stipulating how much fuel needs to be in the tank at the end of a race. Next thing will be you need to have X amount of rubber left on your tires.

Well, now you are just being silly. Just to give an example, minimum fuel in the car has been newly introduced into F1 this year and that has been fine so far; no post-race disqualifications etc. So theres no reason why it couldn't work.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:30 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

The minimum fuel reagulation just affects the fuel left at the end of the race. You can still run dry before a pitstop. Besides that the series would be a complete joke if every secund winner gets disqualified due to lack of fuel.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:59 pm 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

Please..No Minimum-Fuel-At-End rule..Its just so stupid and doesnt make sense.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Typical knee-jerk reaction. Would suck if that happened, I like fuel mileage finishes. See NASCAR at Michigan last year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I doubt they'll listen to those two anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:11 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Its a shame they're trying to distract from the issue of keeping the damn cars on the ground in the first place....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Its a shame they're trying to distract from the issue of keeping the damn cars on the ground in the first place....

With wheel to wheel contact you can't keep the car on the ground. Even an F1 car would have taken of with this impact we saw and at that speed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:05 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

cookie wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

With wheel to wheel contact you can't keep the car on the ground. Even an F1 car would have taken of with this impact we saw and at that speed.

Exactly.

You can design a car from scratch that won't fly I suppose, but attempting to bodge a chassis which is now 7 years old is a bad plan. Whos doing the distracting anyway? Blundell and Luyendyk? When did we start taking their opinions on the series, lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:04 pm 

It just makes me look forward to the next generation of car even more.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:58 am 

what are precisely the new regulations for the next generation of cars ?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1513 posts ]  Go to page Previous 172 73 74 75 76