TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 724 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 2437 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If it was like yesterday I'd understand because that really was idiotic. Today was hard but fairer.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:15 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119247

Quote:
FIA Single Seater Commission president Stefano Domenicali, who is not at Monza, is understood to have been furious about the driving in Saturday's second race, and is believed to have been in contact with an FIA official during Sunday's finale.

Wittich, who stepped into the race-director role this weekend as the usual official, Sven Stoppe, is on DTM duty at Lausitz, called an emergency meeting on Saturday night with drivers and team managers to explain what would happen if standards did not improve on Sunday.

He explained that the competitors were told that in the event of a crash caused by bad driving, the race was to continue under the safety car until 75 per cent distance, the point at which maximum points can be awarded, was reached.

But an early safety car caused by a crash by Ryan Tveter meant that by the time it appeared for the second time, with Mikkel Jensen in the gravel, it would have been impossible to reach 75 per cent distance in the series' 35-minute race-time allocation.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Blimey these stewards need to cut the drivers some slack, they will learn eventually once they've either hurt themselves or gone bankrupt.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Idiotic officials. It's not like drivers are crashing on purpose like in multiplayer online games.
Young drivers very often get braking points wrong. Mistakes are not bad driving standards. Wheel-to-wheel racing is encouraged for it's the main purpose of racing, but sometimes wheels touch that leads to crash. Basic norm of racing.
So, the amount of incidents might just indicate there has been proper racing going on.

It seems to me the officials have just accustomed to less intense racing, that's all.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I still dont see how that little contact on the first chicane can be seen as bad driving, that was just a normal racing incident.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeaa but the second crash that stopped the race was because of drivers going wide in Parabolica. THAT is on the FIA, what did they think ruining Parabolic like that would do? Drivers will take whatever advantage they can.

And I think all these get out of jail free runoffs are part of the problem. Make a mistake and you just go wide into the carpark runoff. You don't get beached in the gravel as much as drivers in the past would have. You can go wide, pick up a little bit of speed.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bingo, if they didn't have tarmac runoffs the drivers wouldn't pull half brained moves safe in the knowledge that if it did go wrong, they could just run wide and get away with it.

This is the same mentality as health and safety, must regulate and put warning labels onto everything, because people are too stupid to make decisions or weigh up risks themselves in their opinion, this leads to a situation where people become complaciant to risk because 'health and safety won't let me have an accident', and far increase the likely hood of having an accident because people assume someone else is looking out for them. So let's make rules that they must drive sensible and not crash, causing the kids to become extra cautious, likely leading to more accidents.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:44 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Itt we learn racing drivers are brave but officials don't share or even allow that bravery

Oh well we're off to spa next, I'm sure there won't be similar style slipstreaming and incidents sending the powers that be into fits of rage every time 2 cars get close to one another! :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:52 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Call me a grumpy old man, but this is bound to happen if you keep on putting 15 years old drivers with no or slim single seater experience in an international championship with ties to F1. ANd the fact they're being "spoiled" by the increased safety of the tracks and cars isn't encouraged.

IMO, underage racing drivers without a regular driving license shouldn't be allowed beyond karting or maybe no wing formulae like Formula Ford.

A young upcoming talent with F1 aspirations should be 23/24 years old, not 17.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Compared to these kids, we're all grumpy old men.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Formula Ford was the perfect step up from karting. A good learning ground between karting and single seaters.

Does feel like a lot of kids are eager to shoot up the single seater ladder, well except Rosenqvist anyway.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:14 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It reminds me of being back in school when there'd be 2 pr 3 unruly kids at the back of the class and instead of being bothered to work out who it was and punish them the teacher would get lazy and just issue a class detention, punishing those who weren't at fault for the actions of a few.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:29 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

I thought this comment posted on the F3 Facebook page summarized it well:

Quote:
very but very incredibol decision of race direction...red flag for too incident.........but are pilot or gay????

Makes one wonder.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Presuming English isn't their first language, if it is, we're fucked.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:53 pm 

Ian-S wrote:
Bingo, if they didn't have tarmac runoffs the drivers wouldn't pull half brained moves safe in the knowledge that if it did go wrong, they could just run wide and get away with it.

This is the same mentality as health and safety, must regulate and put warning labels onto everything, because people are too stupid to make decisions or weigh up risks themselves in their opinion, this leads to a situation where people become complaciant to risk because 'health and safety won't let me have an accident', and far increase the likely hood of having an accident because people assume someone else is looking out for them. So let's make rules that they must drive sensible and not crash, causing the kids to become extra cautious, likely leading to more accidents.

you have a very good point there. :yes:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:43 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

StanV wrote:
I thought this comment posted on the F3 Facebook page summarized it well:

Quote:
very but very incredibol decision of race direction...red flag for too incident.........but are pilot or gay????

Makes one wonder.

I know a few languages translation of driver ends up being pilot but after race 2 it feels appropriate to call them that

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Perhaps if the FIA wants to set an driving standards example to drivers in their early formula careers, then they should focus on a top down approach. Monkey see monkey do afterall.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:50 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

IMO this is the result of the current safety standards. There are miles of runoff areas, drivers know this an take a huge amount of risk when overtaking somebody or when defending. If things go wrong, like braking to late, take last minute avoiding actions or spinning of, they are able to rejoin the track quite easily. Drivers seem to have a feeling that they are immortal and are showing less and less respect to other drivers. Sometimes they literally push eachother on the gras, even at topspeeds.

The 3rd race wasn't as bad as the first 2. Red flagging the race was a little exaggerated. On Dutch television they weren't aware of the reason behind the red flag. Personally I already had the feeling it was because of the driving standards. They warned the drivers the night before, and like I said perhaps it was a little exaggerated, on the other hand I can relate to the stewards or whoever took the descission.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Open F3 from Silverstone starting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Green!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 724 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 2437 Next