TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 189 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:26 pm 

Jeff Burton just said that the difficulty with bump drafting now has more to do with the curvature of the front bumpers on all the makes and not really anything to do with the rear bumpers. You have to hit the car ahead's bumper dead center now. Seems to me like it will take an extremely brave drive...

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:16 pm 

dr dog wrote:
It is the latest internetty, flash mobby, hey look at me im so cool fad. Like planking, but with more dancing.

I hate how easily people succumb to this type of trash. :yuk:

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:51 pm 

http://www.racefansonlytv.com
http://88.80.5.80/w00t/20130222/vv51278 ... 29737.html

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:22 pm 

Yep, I don't care if it's like the 90s or whenever. I want to see racing, where, you know, people try to pass each other and stuff, not an evenly spaced out pack of 40 something cars rim riding single file for 500 miles. FWIW, I don't blame the drivers as it was physically impossible for inside lane...

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:16 am 

Glad I'm not the only one spluttering expletives at the wimpy sham F1 has become now.

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:16 pm 

IT'S NOT ABOUT WHETHER YOU LIKE TEAM ORDERS. The point is if one driver is told to slow by the team and the other ignores those orders, it's neither respectful to your team nor particularly hard to beat your teammate who's been told to slow up. That's about as ballsy, gritty and "killer instin...

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:24 am 

Yes, pretty safe to say they will be going with experienced drivers only, that will salvage as many points as possible to keep them in contention for the wildcard. Sadler for Marty and it'd be cool as it's his home track and all but then Vickers could take over for good as his next scheduled race in...

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:07 pm 

Me too. :D

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:59 am 

NVirkkula wrote:
Wouldn't you know, the new Corvette Stingray is the 2013 Pace Car. 8)

Does it still have more power than the Indycars? :D

Post subject: Re: Gran Premio de España
Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:28 pm 

Brod wrote:
Really gets too much imo, every driver drives for himself but not against others.

I still saw more drivers racing against others in this race than I ever did during the pre-Pirelli era, when virtually all the passing was in the pits.

Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:26 am 

The only way this race is fun is if you have a party size stock of alcohol at your disposal.

Post subject: Re: 2013 Monaco Grand Prix
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:55 am 

Vettel's helmet features a girl in a black bikini on the back, except the bikini is painted in black-thermolack paint, and becomes transparent when the temperature changes. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Trucks/NNS/Cup @ Dover
Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:44 pm 

I have a feeling Bubba can win it. He's been one of the the strongest newbies this year apart from Jeb Burton and the Dover truck race has had an uncanny knack of producing first time truck series winners in recent times.

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:02 am 

For many people, real racing is having as little electronic aid as possible. Even shifting a stock car is an art. You have to put pressure on the shifter and quickly come on and off the gas for it to engage. Blown engines and transmissions due to driver error are still a presence in NASCAR. Compare ...

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:03 am 

Beezle wrote:
What ratings did they get at texas?

More info here.. http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013/06 ... -very-low/

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:36 pm 

I wish they'd turn all these big ovals like Pocono into manufacturer proving grounds. The race looked like a test session for most of it anyway. Iowa was racing the way it oughta be. 10/10.

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:06 pm 

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
On a weekend where NASCAR is bearable, it has to go head to head with the biggest endurance race in the world. :(

It's perfect actually. When you get bored of watching cars on different laps running time trials against each other, flip channel to NASCAR for some real racing.

/troll

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:04 pm 

NBC wants to cover 3 ARCA short track events this year and Salem is apparently confirmed. :thumbsup:

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:56 pm 

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:54 pm 

BrainPain wrote:
A random question: Who is the man giving the caps and watches to the drivers before the podium and press conference? It has been the same guy since at least 2007, anyone knows how long he has been there?

Alexandre Molina. Bit of info about him here.
Page 2 of 10 [ Search found 189 matches ]