TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 204 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:50 pm 

The old Hockenheim was a joke track. Just a bunch of straights through a pine forest that claimed Jim Clark's life in 1968. It only got the race after the Nurburgring became unsuitable and there were no other tracks. Name a good race in the 80's or 90's from there. I'm struggling to find anything. ...

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:50 pm 

This is so sad. When I saw it, I thought it was bad, but you almost become used to seeing drivers escaping from these spectacular accidents. It still shocked me when the news came through. Shocking. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:53 pm 

I really wanted LeClerc to win, but I thought his moves were questionable. Even more frustrating is that he didn't even need to make them. Squeezing under braking at the second chicane... Lewis wasn't ahead going into the corner, and he never would have made it around the outside from that position,...

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:21 pm 

Vettel never cleared LeClerc on the run to the first corner, so I'm pretty sure LeClerc could have kept the lead by actually defending the inside line. Not sure why he didn't, unless that was also part of the agreement.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:56 pm 

Just finished watching Monaco 1996 again. At the very start, Murray says "75 laps coming up". It was scheduled to be a 78 lap race, but ended up running to time and finishing on the 75th lap. Psychic.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:17 pm 

The thing that annoys me is when drivers complain that it's undriveable, but they're on the intermediate tyres. The full wet tyre is there for a reason. If somebody puts on the wet tyre whilst everyone else is spinning off on inters, they shouldn't be penalised by making the right call on strategy. ...

Post subject: Re: F1 Classics thread
Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:54 pm 

That European Grand Prix has to be one of the best all time races. I always remember the accidents and retirements, but some of the racing was brilliant. The front four were so close together in the opening laps. Whilst it looked difficult to overtake, Hakkinen was very close to Frentzen and looked ...

Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:01 pm 

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:40 pm 

The only positives I can see for stage racing are: 1) If a driver has a great race, but fails to finish, at least they can pick up some points from each stage (although the purist in me would rather see a DNF costing you points). 2) We get a couple of guaranteed restarts, which is usually where the ...

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:53 pm 

I understand that using a reverse layout at Silverstone just wouldn't work, but why couldn't they use the old layout for one of the races? Abbey and Bridge are still there. It seems a shame to run two races on exactly the same layout, although it's better than no racing at all, obviously.

Post subject: Re: F1 Classics thread
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:58 pm 

My friend named his son Ayrton. He pronounces it 'Air-ton', so I guess that's how the British like to pronounce it. (Yes, he is an F1 fan and somehow convinced his wife to go with the name).

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:24 pm 

Yeah, Mansell's performances were strange. He was average for four whole seasons at Lotus, easily beaten by De Angelis. Didn't really look like his career was going anywhere until a late surge in form at the end of 1985. Looked like a completely different driver between 1986 - 1993. Arguably deserve...

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:28 pm 

I like it. Waiting for a meltdown of middle aged white men on social media in 3, 2, 1...

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:27 pm 

I wouldn't mind the circuit if they just got rid of that awful chicane. It's added absolutely nothing since they started using it. It might be difficult for the cars to follow through the high speed final corners, but I think the DRS zone is long enough to make overtaking possible. The higher speeds...

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:19 pm 

NVirkkula wrote:
Hamilton, Bottas, Verstappen. Yay.

And a threat of rain that never arrives.

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:32 pm 

I think closing the pit lane until everybody has caught the SC is the way forward. What a race. Felt a bit sorry for Kvyat, who was actually on pace with Gasly. Also Perez, who was clearly faster than Stroll, but screwed by circumstances again.

Incredible podium, though.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:00 pm 

I've often thought that this season would actually be pretty exciting, if you pretended that the Mercedes and Verstappen didn't exist. I came up with a quick calculation of how the championship might look (excluding fastest lap points). The answer is a six way title fight! 1. Albon 125 2. Ricciardo ...

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:21 pm 

*I know this is completely pointless but it shows how competitive the races are behind the top 3* A few weeks ago, I calculated how the championship would look if you took the Mercedes cars and Max out of the race results. Here's an update after the last couple of races. A poor run of races from Alb...

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:08 pm 

I think Kimi has done enough to deserve another season. He's not being out paced by his younger team mate. He's popular with the fans, and he very rarely makes mistakes or gets into accidents with other drivers. It's only natural that our fitness levels and reflexes decline as we get older, but if a...

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:21 pm 

I'd like to see Lewis in a car that's only 2nd or 3rd best. He's clearly one of the best drivers that we've seen in our lifetimes, and I think we could appreciate that talent more if he had to fight harder each race. That's like saying Leo Messi should transfer to Sheffield Wednesday and win the pr...
Page 8 of 11 [ Search found 204 matches ]