TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 134 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:16 pm 

My favourite mid-season driver change in ages. There's something very 80s about this

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:37 pm 

That's not "Boo", that's "Ros-booo-rg"

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:12 pm 

It's a life-threatening injury. That's all we know. It would be wrong to speculate further

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:30 pm 

L'Equipe reporting that the operation has finished and he is not on life support, which sounds very positive

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:40 pm 

The inevitable video:

WARNING
Spoiler:

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:06 pm 

I feel like (or at least hope) this will be one of those moments where everyone in F1 will think "hey, why the fuck did we allow the racing to continue when there was a giant tractor on the outside of a corner with minimal run-off in the wet?"

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:30 pm 

Vine of the impact:

WARNING

Spoiler:
https://vine.co/v/OK69b15iP1T

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:20 pm 

Somebody somewhere mentioned how it was basically like Button's crash at Interlagos in 2003: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xur1d7 ... 2003_sport

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:11 pm 

It's entirely understandable that they'd bring it up for this, not because it's of any use but because it avoids discussion of more serious issues that would leave the FIA being criticised for neglecting safety. "Oh I know, let's change the cars and ignore errors in procedure or aggressive driv...

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:07 pm 

We? I used to follow point standings when it was simple, six guys score in each race, winner gets ten points. Now I really don't care about statistics, just watching the races. How many times has Hamilton won in USA? Don't know, don't care. But when Schumacher won at Indy ten years ago I knew exact...

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:40 pm 

I don't think you can just take races out of one year and compare them to another, though. The way people think about F1 and what makes it good has changed enormously over time, even in the last 10 years. There's been a move to wanting more action - that's not to say people in the past were always s...

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:40 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
Willing to bet there's way more non-DRS passes in one race than you'd get in half a season in the pre-2010 era

There's no such thing as a non-DRS pass now. And there's no correlation between the number of passes in a race and how interesting it is

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:27 am 

James, for the record or for what it's worth... After Spa I was of the same opinion as most, which is Rosberg got treated unnecessarily harshly for a racing incident but I stand by the "you make your bed, you lie in it" comment. Rosberg deserves the title after having a great year but ple...

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:00 pm 

So Marchionne appoints a guy to run the team in the middle of the season and then sacks him 7 months in after giving him no time to change things. And now because they are already more than halfway into the design process for next year's car, and the engine improvements are pretty much finalised, t...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:03 am 

First off, I bought this month's Motor Sport magazine last week. There's an editorial in there by Nigel Roebuck written at the time of Bianchi's death on whether or not F1 is too safe. It's a good read regardless of your position on this - I don't believe it reflects any worse even after Wilson's de...

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:40 pm 

The days where you could expect to draw a crowd for 2 hours to watch a predictable spectacle with the tiny hope of something unexpected happening are over. While we're debating whether today's races are more or less boring than ones 20 years ago, younger generations today are drawn to shows that of...

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:37 pm 

Sometimes a young driver has a moment where it all clicks into gear for them and they end up a much better driver overall - not even form, but something more permanent. Vettel and Rosberg both had moments like that, both before and during their F1 careers. Paul Warwick's another one, although we nev...

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:05 pm 

Well, it's easy engagement, isn't it? Controversy gets the discussion going in the studio and on social media. That's just how sports coverage works these days. There's no room for a Murray Walker type any more - a media pundit who's nice to everyone. Just look at the treatment David Croft gets for ...

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:44 pm 

Mansell tested a Jordan in 1997 didn't he, before they went with Damon? It was late 1996 ahead of a drive for 1997 alongside Ralf. However, after a test he decided he wasn't interested, so they signed Fisichella instead The huge Autosport thread is here . Personal favourite is Kazuyoshi Hoshino rep...

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:19 pm 

Defies belief in my mind that Sam Bird's never had a shot in F1 He’s found a niche for himself in FE, one of the most consistent drivers in the series. That’s about it. In F3 he was average, in GP2/FR3.5 just a little better than average. Has never shown to be F1 standard. And let’s remember he was...
Page 2 of 7 [ Search found 134 matches ]