TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 416 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:24 pm 

if that's genuine I'll book a flight to Woking and slap some people silly.
That has to be a joke if they dare to call that iconic. Or did they make a typo.

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:08 pm 

gkmotorsport wrote:
Jesus, imagine per-team launch threads in 1989, on a 9.6k modem.

On a BBS, of course.

we'd be looking at images like this and cream over the hires details in it.

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:01 pm 

I really can't give two craps about the sound of the cars. I want good racing, period. The boring processions we had to endure wouldn't have been a whole lot better if the engine's sounded amazing. Sure for the people around the actual track it would be a bit better but if nothing happens, nothing s...

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:12 pm 

Today's useless fact. If Haas scores a podium before a new team joins every team on the grid had at least a podium in it's history in one form or the other. And if I'm not mistaken, if they'd take a win, each team on the grid won at least 1 GP in it's history (if we count Force India and Jordan as o...

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:41 pm 

RtN wrote:
Mika Kimi wrote:
Unfortunately Sauber has never won a race, so they'll have to take a win as well.

?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Canadian_Grand_Prix

Indeed. Unless ofcourse you see Sauber and BMW Sauber as a different team but then Renault and Force India also have to take a win

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:54 pm 

I'm still baffled the Honda sucked so bad in the first place. They had plenty of time to test the damn thing. I'm pretty sure they weren't bound to F1 rules before entering so they could have had 2-3 full season distances of testing done. I bet my left testicle that the VW/Audi engine RBR was rumore...

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:27 am 

Gaara wrote:
Alonso out

Biggest shock is that it isn't engine related and the engine almost made it to the end.

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:24 pm 

Times have changed a lot I think, it is not as simple as it used to be. running old cars is not an option I think in current F1? We would have cars that are 4-5 seconds slower, Pirelli would need to make the old tyres again etc etc. And cars used to be mechanical, now these are more like computers ...

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:13 pm 

Maybe Williams can send stroll down to mclaren so he can gain some experience. Direct swap with Alonso

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:47 pm 

Why even have bids? There are 3 slots available. Grab em while you can Probably worried that someone on the level of MasterCard Lola would take a spot. Honestly if someone is willing to spend millions to DNQ each race it's fine by me. I want a true underdog again. Give me 30+ cars fighting for 26 s...

Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:39 am 

mclaren2008 wrote:
micha wrote:
I find the new number rule the most useless thing in a very very long time TBH.

I think its actually a decent idea. At least you know what driver you're looking at.

The idea is decent but they're bringing it as if its the biggest issue in F1 and they finally fixed it.
There are bigger issues.

Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:58 am 

well, at least they respected the track limits.

Post subject: Re: 101st Indianapolis 500
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:59 am 

A lot of people really should sit down and watch a NASCAR or Indycar race on an oval. For good measure also show the speed in KM/H as people might think that 190mph isnt that fast.

More than once I read or heard people starting to respect oval racing after actually watching a race.

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:21 pm 

Eddie claims Mercedes will sell the team after 2018 and stay in F1 as engine supplier. He says they have won everything and things only can get worse so he does have a point there. But only time will tell if he's right or not. Ah, the good old Eddie Jordan Paradox - 100% of what he says is hot air,...

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:32 am 

I agree. I also don't understand why every tire compound is referred to as "-soft". Why can't they just make them "hard, medium, soft"? That makes more sense. Or is that another example of "regressing and going backwards", just like re-introducing V8, V10, and V12s wou...

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:54 pm 

Jan Larsen wrote:
How can that corner be difficult? Sure, its tight, but other than that, its nothing special.

They're not used to tight.

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:56 pm 

Give both Hamilton and Vettel 5 race ban for being idiots and to save the season

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:07 am 

Some people here and elsewhere go a long way of convoluting the rear-ending incident to clear Vettel of responsibility and put it on Hamilton. The FIA examined the telemetry. We all saw the speeds and the throttle/brake indicators on TV. Vettel expected Hamilton to accelerate, which he didn't. He m...

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:39 pm 

Fabs wrote:
Usually when I'm looking forward to a race, like I did for Montreal, it sucks.

So this one will suck :(

If my daughter (3) still wants to watch autoracing with daddy I probably still rate it a 10 even if its the biggest borefest ever.
So happy to see her 3 weekends in a row starting friday.

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:55 pm 

Luckily My daughter has a great fantasy. She already saw 2 collisions :D
Page 7 of 21 [ Search found 416 matches ]