TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 432 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:27 pm 

Well, at least we agree on Martin Whitmarsh :lol: Look, let's just agree to disagree on this one. Obviously a lot of my reasoning is down to things I can't say even on a password protected forum, and as ever I respect your opinions as you're one of the folks here who really knows their stuff. I'll j...

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:57 pm 

I'm entirely with ellis on this debate. I had questioned certain drivers complaining about tyre safety on the back of a handful of failures, in fact ellis and I had quite good discussions on this subject. However, in light of what has happened over the past weeks, pre-Canada, post-Canada (referring ...

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:06 pm 

Yes, how dare Pirelli for not admitting this was their own fault. It is utterly preposterous they may have properly understood the root cause of the issues that teams have been suffering, but not accepted full responsibility.

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:03 pm 

we need to be careful.. Presumed Innocent and all that, im not defending Frank but there are two sides to every story and i dont think that getting hysterical here about it, although wont effect the outcome of a trial, but it will effect out own blood pressure! From a personal note, where i work i h...

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:28 pm 

I posted this analogy on another forum...

Of course it is Durex's fault if I buy one of their condoms, cut a hole it in, and my wife gets pregnant while I was using it.

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:51 pm 

what is/was the advantage for putting the right tyres on the left and vice versa? It can extend the usable life of a tyre. Reversing tyres - running them on the opposite side to the one they are designed for - is not a new trick but has come and gone with different tyre suppliers. Pirelli tyres are...

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:03 pm 

I mean leave them a lap down. Artificial, maybe, but no more artificial then all the lapped cars getting a lap back as soon as the SC comes out.

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:39 pm 

FOM Cameraman (Paul Allen) has broken shoulder and cracked ribs.

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:19 pm 

4 will stall on the grid, we'll get a FCC, and it'll be like a rolling start, with just less laps to go...

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:49 pm 

I enjoyed the race but it flattered to deceive. Everytime something good started cooking, it fell flat. Not only Grosjean and that free-wheeling Marussia induced safety car, but also Kimi's charge at the end. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I think Lotus really screwed up and should have left Kim...

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:29 pm 

It's actually a chip and pin machine linked to the starter, IE he has to swipe daddy's credit card to start the car

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:26 pm 

The problem for me is that they aren't dealing with the actual cause, sure maybe it's not a bad idea to have less people in the pit lane during sessions but deal with the actual problem of wheels coming off like this in the first place. Bingo, they had a perfectly reasonable system that prevented w...

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:56 pm 

Cars don't speed up when they hit grass you idiot, they just don't slow down as much as they appear to when they're spinning on the tarmac and it looks like they're not slowing down at all when actually they are a bit. That said, tarmac over grass is probably a better deal overall. Gravel is still ...

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:56 am 

fixed it

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:16 pm 

Here you go! :thumbsup: The top 50 drivers who never raced in F1 It's one of motorsport's greatest debates: who could have been an F1 great but never got the chance? The AUTOSPORT team has attempted a definitive answer By AUTOSPORT staff Every driver who races single-seaters aspires to reach the pin...

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:55 pm 

I think Australia 2009 must sum up 21st century McLaren in one race: be in the shit, recover from it, screw it up, try and cover themselves and end up in a worse place.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:41 pm 

Yeah! BTCC is back!

And here was my wife saying last night how happy she was that F1 wasn't on for a month.

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:29 pm 

I don't agree with that in the slighest. If Alonso was being calmer and more thinking, then why would he be complaining about Ferrari and the team's performance at every occasion in the media over the past 18 months?? Alonso is the only driver in modern day F1 that needs help from a clearly defined ...

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:23 am 

I made similar comments about Alonso on another forum and got absolutely slaughtered by some fanboys. I backed up my points but no, he can do no wrong. And apparently because I made a negative reference to Alonso it immediately meant I was a Vettel fanboy. Some people's logic defies me at times. A c...

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:49 pm 

Nah that's a different one. IIRC with that one he barged a Vauxhall onto the kerb, and the Vauxhall didn't lift and forced its way back onto the track, which spun him left. In the other one, iirc, he spun a car to the right, which ended up on the tri-oval grass. Gareth Howell in the 3rd Dynamics In...
Page 15 of 22 [ Search found 432 matches ]