Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 54 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:08 pm 

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:57 pm 

Something that has always pissed me off is the ridiculous amount of non-racing coverage we get even when there is on track action. And this is not a F1 disease only, in fact, FOM is even the "less bad" on this aspect. WEC and MotoGP/Dorna are hideous with this obssession of showing useles...

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:40 pm 

I don't think you can just take races out of one year and compare them to another, though. The way people think about F1 and what makes it good has changed enormously over time, even in the last 10 years. There's been a move to wanting more action - that's not to say people in the past were always s...

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:40 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
Willing to bet there's way more non-DRS passes in one race than you'd get in half a season in the pre-2010 era

There's no such thing as a non-DRS pass now. And there's no correlation between the number of passes in a race and how interesting it is

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:53 pm 

Willing to bet there's way more non-DRS passes in one race than you'd get in half a season in the pre-2010 era Which shows that we don't need DRS :p There's no such thing as a non-DRS pass now. And there's no correlation between the number of passes in a race and how interesting it is As Istanbul 2...

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:18 pm 

Quality should be put above quantity & I'd get more enjoyment watching a race with fewer higher quality overtakes than a race with more passes which were less interesting to watch via DRS or whatever. Except it never happened like that in F1 post-1995. There was neither quantity nor quality. I ...

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:13 am 

I listened to the whole race on MRN and followed it up with the Sirius post race coverage. Really happy for Chase, but…

… Kyle called NASCAR out saying he's sick and tired of them throwing "Kyle Busch cautions" to ensure that he doesn't win.

LOLWUT because he never wins Nationwide races.

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:18 pm 

Newmie's a good wheelman and would be nice if he won the Cup. His old school Cale Yarborough driving style is fun to watch and anyone that wins 8 in one season is a great driver and deserving of the Cup, regardless of anything else. Would it mock NASCAR's new system? Yes. But in all fairness, the sy...

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:20 pm 

Agreed 100%

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:05 am 

http://www.hotrod.com/features/history/stories/ctrp-0801-smokey-yunick/

Fun article.

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:51 pm 

I was reading this article which seems to suggest we could be getting wider tyres in the next few years: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Something about that which I find a bit odd is that they seem to be talking about wider tyres &a...

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:21 pm 

The thing with DRS for me is that I still believe that it was the wrong solution to the problem. Someone above mentioned Push to pass, That would have been a far better solution because its more fair than DRS in that everyone gets to use it x times or for x seconds a race & it can be used to def...

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:50 am 

I preferred Bristol when the bottom was the fastest way around, but I will always watch because the track is different and usually provides action.

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:04 pm 

This sport survived and thrived just fine for 60 odd years before they started fucking with the cars to improve the show. Simplicity is what is needed. Throw out all this hybrid horseshit and get back to the business of Formula 1. Brave drivers racing fast cars at ridiculous speeds. The rules, and i...

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:31 pm 

Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:32 am 

Love it that Justin Wilson will run a Rolling Stones liveried car!

:D

Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:04 pm 

Stoegi wrote:
Alonso out. Probably bored

Silence. This race isn't boring. Haven't you been paying attention to the race thread?

Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:33 pm 

"600 miles of remembrance". yes, remembrance of something that used to resemble a sport

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:41 pm 

Decent:
http://cricfree.sx/fox-sports-2-usa-live-stream

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:52 am 

They'll never find a happy medium, it's either this or strung out follow the leader racing, as soon as they start tipping down force on pack racing will be the result. Perhaps the drivers doing the most vocal moaning should learn to drive in a straight line first, since they spent most of the race w...
Page 2 of 3 [ Search found 54 matches ]