TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 549 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:57 pm 

Are we bored? I've been watching every F1 GP exactly since Jacques' first GP (1996 season) and I've never had more of a blast as a viewer than after refuelling was banned. I also don't care if F1 cars are easy to drive or less extreme than they used to be. They certainly look more lively and enterta...

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:00 pm 

Fuel/tyre/engine/brake saving is not the issue. Racing has never been about going all out 120%, for each and every lap. That's what qualifying is for. During the race, you spare your shit so it doesn't come apart and leave you out in the dry by the end. It's been like this since the dawn of racing. ...

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:36 pm 

Holy shit I feel for Button. I've never seen him so disgruntled in all his career. And all the penalties ahead. It's like the man does not want to jump back into that car at all. :( He knew full well what the engine was going to be like when they brought it to Abu Dhabi and it did two (2) laps in t...

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:15 am 

They had to change it to suit the ADHD generation. Traditional quali made them switch off. And it sucked because for 25 mins you didn't see a car except a Minardi. It got fucking ridiculous at Hockenheim once (the long circuit). Nobody set foot on track until 20 minutes before the end, not even the...

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:56 am 

Wonderful thread! My fondest memories all in one place. Never have sunday nights been as great as during the CART era. It was just something else. The ESPN speedworld editing, the nice looking cars, the driver line-up, the tracks, it had it ALL. It had that little extra something that current Indyca...

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:09 pm 

Guys, you're being a little harsh on Felipe. :o He's doing quite a decent job really. Except for the future potential, which is naturally linked to age, he's a solid opponent to Bottas.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:21 pm 

I honestly don't see a French GP soon. The general population is hostile to public spending on racing, so the many taxpayer-eating, couple-year lifespan venues that we saw florishing (and crashing) in other countries lately are not happening here. Oh and fuck le Paul Ricard. Fuck it to hell. It's an...

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:06 pm 

still going to be one of the most anticipated events resulting in a borefest. The next year's calendar has been published, so let's get this out of the way shall we? Free of charge: Melborne Borehain Sochi Borodrom Borecelona Monotonous Carlo Boréal Silverbore Red Bore Ring Azerborejan Hockenboring...

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:44 am 

It's okay to joke about anything. I don't care which gender he's attracted to. But I will laugh my ass off at his sometimes ridiculously effeminate way of leaving the race track after a breakdown/crash (can't seem to find that compilation video anymore) People often confuse effeminate with gay. Alwa...

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:33 pm 

Oh wait, which thread is this again?

Ah yes. F1 sux

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:33 pm 

I don't get why some people are so uptight about their old tribal languages. As tribes gathered into organised countries, single languages per country dominated. The same will eventually happen with the whole planet, as we are increasingly connected and work together on a global level. The World wil...

Post subject: Re: 2015-2016 Silly Season
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:23 pm 

Why so much hate? They didn't cancel any race to introduce this one. For some fans it's more action in one season. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Post subject: Re: 2015 GP2 Discussion
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:33 pm 

Rubmifer wrote:
I still don't get this virtual SC. Why can't this incident just be solved with double waved yellows?

For the same reason we have freaking speed bumps instead of nice smooth roads with just an adequate speed limit: people are dumb

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:22 am 

An awful end to an otherwise pretty great race. I hope that Justin pulls through. This race is a goddamned methaphor for life. You cruise around, all excited, thinking enjoyment will last forever. Some incidents happen here and there but no big deal, you get back on and keep finding new things to b...

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:57 am 

The driver's head is already so deep into high cockpits that you can barely see it. The whole purpose of single seaters was to get to see the driver in action. That purpose stopped being a reality at around mid-90s when headrests and then HANS appeared. I used to love exposed cockpits, but I know it...

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:39 pm 

11pm CET

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:19 am 

Amazing crash, very photogenic.

Echti wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Gravel traps :8:

Will certainly be tarmac next year.

It would be a very bad idea. The gravel is there to stop a sliding car from T-boning the cars already into the hairpin, that's worse than a lousy flip.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:19 am 

Gael wrote:
If Rosberg holds his ground and they make contact, who would be considered at fault (or is it just based on who you're a fan of)?

If he did that, it would've meant he is a racing driver of equal caliber to Hamilton. Instead, he's his bitch.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:51 am 

Wow, interesting photo angles there. You can see the skid marks in the third photo of where Cevert was pulling a higher gear than his team mate Jackie Stewart and had too much wheel spin and lost it at that section. Did you mean a lower gear ? I'd imagine a hugher gear means less rpm and less likel...

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:42 pm 

According to Belgian media, Abu Dhabi have recently stopped terrorists who planned an attack on the circuit. Not during a race or so, only focus was the track. For once pity that they were caught. I'm sure these guys have nothing to do with any of the current mainstream global terrorist groups. The...
Page 7 of 28 [ Search found 549 matches ]